Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1879 S Morgan Dollar Sellers Pics

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 421Next Topic  
Valued Member

Germany
295 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  2:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HP2001PH to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ma-shops.de/kedzie/item.php?id=36395

Will this make MS64+? Or does the mark on the chin bump it to 63? What do you think?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1130 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is around that area. It could hit 64 but from experience I've seen many like this be MS63+.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25240 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some deep marks in the field, MS-63.
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63. You definitely can't count on this making an MS-64 at a TPG.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71607 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63, possibly 63+.
Pillar of the Community
United States
901 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These prices are rough.

I know it's due to location though.
Valued Member
Germany
295 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HP2001PH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the dealer is located in the US.
But you are right, getting a MS-63+ Morgan for under 100 from a dealer is nearly impossible here. Ebay seems like the best bet, but thats always a gamble.

I started looking at online auction sites, but so far no experience with that.

Edited by HP2001PH
08/11/2022 05:52 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12945 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen worse in MS64 slabs. I dont think it has a chance to make 65 or even 64+. my best guess on this one is MS63+ or 64. full luster on the cheek so I think it has a chance at 64
Pillar of the Community
United States
900 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll also go with MS-63+.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9530 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63 and overpriced by half again as much. I don't see any readily apparent reason for the exorbitant markup. It doesn't even look PL.
The shipping from the US to Germany would inflate that over-pricing even further.

This is not a knock on Kedzie, my profile coin (1878-CC DMPL) came from one of their sales, and it is doubtless a fine specimen, but the coin being posted here is rather ordinary for a 79-S.

Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
2263 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63, a pretty average looking BU Morgan dollar.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 421Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: