Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ICCS And Brian Cornwell

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,107Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...

Canada
4627 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2022  5:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://canadiancoinnews.com/ICCS-f...rnwell-dies/

I used to know him quite well, but hadn't seen him since I stopped going to Torex.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
811 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2022  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sad to hear.....he probably handled many of the coins I possess now.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4497 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2022  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Supported ICCS right from the beginning and
got to know Brian quite well over the years .
Last saw him in person after the Landon Sale
in 2015 . He leaves quite a legacy in Canadian
Numismatics .
Sincerest condolences to Scott and the entire Cornwell
family .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4861 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2022  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very sad, I didn't know him well and I wasn't around when he was very active.. but I'm thankful to have met him and gotten his opinion on a few things in the past. Also very thankful for the articles and information he's left us. RIP
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 22 year old collector/dealer from the Greater Toronto area

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
Learn More...
Canada
10314 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2022  12:02 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw Scott a week ago (Nov 18) when I dropped by the ICCS office, and we chatted about his father a bit. Sad to hear that this was so sudden. Brian and I had some long chats about grading and varieties over the years; I last saw him in the fall of 2019.

I was always amazed at his knowledge on grading pre-confederate tokens, and remember his dedication to the hobby in earlier days, when ICCS would have a table at most coin shows, including in Edmonton, when I first met him.

Condolences to the Cornwell family.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2431 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2022  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I first met Brian back in 1998.

It saddens me to hear of his passing.

Sincerest condolences to Scott and the entire Cornwell
family .
Valued Member
Canada
50 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sid Belzberg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am deeply saddened to hear about this. I first started using the ICCS in the 1980s and had many enjoyable hours discussing with Brian
my latest acquisitions, and getting Brian's opinion. My heartfelt condolences to Scott and Brian's family. For me, it was an amazing collecting
journey with Brian to share the excitement of the ultimate hunt. RIP Brian.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,107Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: