Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1887 Victoria Halfpenny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 230Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
169 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  3:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Evening all,

I have this little number and was wondering your opinion please? The reverse is a crispish strike, and the obverse isn't too shoddy with a little wear on the hair and drapery. Couple of rim dings though.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74930 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-58 (Sheldon).
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20586 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very close to uncirculated, but not quite there; I agree that there is the tiniest amount of wear on the hair and drapery (right thigh in particular). I also agree with reasonably sharp strike, which helps.
Appears to have a small radial die crack through 'R' of 'REG' (obv.)
Even chocolate patina.
nice example,
good EF (British grading)
Valued Member
United Kingdom
169 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks both
Valued Member
Canada
475 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kipster, you have a great eye and make me want to be more involved in the coin of our mother realm! Beautiful piece and definitely at the high end of AU (sheldon). Personally, I like rim 'dings' and don't find them to be a detraction from any coin.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
169 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers Wally.

I've got time on my hands so having a rummage. Plenty to get stuck into with the British coins

I've got a couple of real beaut's en route too.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26118 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2022  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking AU-55.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 230Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: