Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$25 Box Of Cents Results

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 432Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  7:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NY Islander to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Dickens said something like, "It was the best of boxes and it was the worst of boxes......" Alas, it was not nearly as good as my last box.

14 Wheaties. 1930 is the oldest. 4 Canadians. 1 Beautiful 1945 King George IV. 2 DDR's and 15 others of interest to me.

Already have my next box. I also have an agreement with Alan, my banker, that he would hold all the old Wheaties for me................................ How good is that? A commercial banker working for their customer....

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74930 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know it's a waste of time, but I'll repeat what I've said so often: when I was your age, I searched hundreds of bags (not rolls) of cents that were all wheats and never found anything of meaningful value. I was up against millions of odds, and you're up against billions of odds.

Spend your time and energy learning about the scarcity and value of coins that interest you so you can make intelligent purchases when they come up.

Take it from an old-timer who wasted hundreds of hours of his life to no avail except hoping for something for nothing.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2870 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool pull, NY Islander! By the way, what's up with the 96D full coin shot? Just a decent coin?

Coinfrog, I understand what you are saying and may be off base with NY Islander but I feel the search is similar to mine. I just love the hunt, if I come up with a nice variety or a coin that's worth something, that's just a nice bonus. I have gotten away from it but used to hunt for ginseng, loved doing it, going out in the woods, for hours at a time and enjoyed it, regardless of what I would find, sometimes nothing at all, sometimes a HUGE patch. Sometimes, it's just for the hunt....
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love wheat cents also; I would rather save old coins than modern errors personally, but I understand everyone has their own goals. I also, if anyone is interested in looking, posted on Jacob's roll hunting finds (my coin thread) that I got a $50 bag of cents from the coin counter machine, my bank was very nice to do that for me. Reading about Alan your bank manager saving you old cents is very cool. I have a friend at a gas station who saves me wheat cents also.
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NY Islander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Makecents - I also enjoy the hunt and been around long enough to have developed a sense of what appeals to me. I'm definitely not in it for the money. Although I have two grown sons, I'm not in it for the legacy either. I was probably a prospector in a former life. PS: The 1996 has a cool die chip running vertically through the eye.

Coinfrog - I've been on the CC site for 6 months and with the help of many been pointed in the right direction. I appreciate the help from all those willing to share their insight. Guess you can say it was more about the destination than the journey when you've searched as many boxes, bags and rolls as you have and considered it all a waste of time. Even if I find the holy grail I don't think I will ever stop searching. :)

TCP - Agree with you on the Wheats too, but Coinfrog is right they are becoming farther and fewer between. Finding 14 in one box is a little above my average.
Learn More...
United States
41762 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  08:10 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One day, people will be pulling out all Memorial Cents (at least the copper ones).
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
See my collecting interest - (click here)
Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!

If you enjoy the hunt, then never let anyone tell you it is a waste of time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 432Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: