Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1952 Colombia 1 Centavo Doubled Die

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 337Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
90 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2022  7:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 2014Cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silvering to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good Photos. What equipment do you use, if you don't mind sharing that info.
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2014Cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am using this stand from Ray Parkhurst.

http://www.macrocoins.com/example-system-x.html
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2014Cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use Canon EOS Utility software for the tethered function. Digital Photo Professional for resizing, (both have edit functions as well though I rarely use it except to get a truer color), and Helicon Focus for image stacking when using the microscope lense.

This is the hardware:

Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silvering to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2014Cent, Thanks for sharing your equipment and setup. I have been experimenting with a few things and obviously have a lot more to learn.
Learn More...
United States
120816 Posts
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2014Cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys.

Silvering,
I would contact Ray Parkhurst through the link I posted. I got most of the setup from him. I tell you a set up to start with though is the Plugable USB camera. Its what I started with.
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2014Cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just realized I posted 2 images of the reverse. Here is the obverse.
Learn More...
United States
120816 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just realized I posted 2 images of the reverse. Here is the obverse.
Not sure how I missed that earlier!

Thank you for adding it.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silvering to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2014Cent,
Thanks for taking interest and the advise. I have a AmScope UTP200X020mp USB camera and have started getting some fair detail pics., but would like to do better. Lighting and focus aren't to good. Can't get full coin shots, though. I have a Nikon D3100 with a 15-55 lens and have tried some reverse lens macro with a couple of old lenses, but haven't been very successful so far. I'm thinking about a real macro lens and objective like your setup and will contact Ray Parkhurst.
In the mean time I am enjoying your posts. Hope you will have more finds soon.
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2014Cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely reccomend an adjustable stand like this one as well if you don't have one.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raiden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use my phone LOL, I'm poor
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: