Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 D Double Ear? DDR

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 338Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
108 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  6:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Flash313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48504 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  03:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Milestone coming up, contest time
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1153 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good from picture given, a close up would confirm it. Nice condition coin as well.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48504 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked all three reference sites, and none list a doubled ear,sooo
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flash313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1153 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The shape of the coin looks normal, the lower indent could be a hit mark? But from a distant it looks good. I am just not sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2022  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice catch, looks interesting so far I am not aware of any existing listing for a 1992-D doubled ear, only a strongly doubled eyelid directly above and to the front of the primary eye. John1 mentioned this as well. So I suggest to have it checked further by coneca or can submit to one of the below attribution sites to confirm its something new or just typically found to be something else when its not already listed. Thats why I spend most time just looking for known existing listings, although some have been found to be new and just unlisted up to that point. Also for your own knowledge a DDR the R stands for reverse such as the doubling is found on the back while a DDO is when the doubling is on the obverse (front Lincoln portrait side).

Submission, note coppercoins not taking submissions right now: https://www.doubleddie.com/402401.html or http://varietyvista.com/Attribution%20Services.htm
Edited by datadragon
12/07/2022 10:50 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 338Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: