Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Found A Strange Lincoln Cent

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 549Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  8:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Joe Marquez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I was wondering if someone might know anything about a cent I found in my change. It has some sort of material on the face of it covering almost the whole front of the coin. The material is on the penny solid and has a number of 2uz18 stamped into the material. Any ideas?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
613 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Forum, Joe. Without pictures, it's impossible to make a diagnosis of your find.
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17378 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

As stated, we will need a clear photo of both sides of
the coin or else we would be just guessing
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10624 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eager to see full, large and sharp pics--obverse and reverse.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe Marquez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for welcoming me to this site. I am trying to figure out how to shrink the photo I took. It may take me a bit. Thanks again.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75062 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe Marquez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not sure if this is right.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe Marquez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I think I am getting the familiar with this. Thanks for the patience.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10624 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking we'll need a new, much closer-in photo--not an enlargement of the image posted above.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75062 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please crop and enlarge your images - these are useless.
Edited by Coinfrog
12/08/2022 9:20 pm
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe Marquez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Is this one any better?
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe Marquez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
613 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it was glued to something.
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75062 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, glued to something. Acetone bath should answer the question.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe Marquez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses now I know what I have. I also metal detect as a hobby. I have a few other coins and tokens that I will post in the coming days to get some more insight on. I appreciate all the help. Have a great night everyone.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48485 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Make sure to check out our metal detecting section of the forum.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 549Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: