| Author |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,008 |
|
|
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts |
Found this while looking through a couple of thousand 83's for the elusive DDR. Doubt it has much of a premium but it sure is cool. 
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2600 Posts |
USMC, any chance of getting a close-up of that? Jim
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
188 Posts |
Hope this is better 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Here is an image of the 83 DDR big one and the 95 DDO. But if you have any question on this one, it not it! 
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
188 Posts |
Thanks Coop, I know its not the DDR, take a look to the left of the steps. The it looks like there is an extra post
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Is that a stain? The devices raised in that area? Need s clearer image of what is going on in that area. There is nothing to create that on the hub. If it is raised, I could be a split in the plating and the zinc is raising the plating.
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
188 Posts |
That imge is about the best I can do, I know nothing about photography and am waiting for a macro lens for may camera. I'll try to describe what going on with the coin. There is a crack (line) from the lower right corner of the building to the rim of the coin. From where it meets the building it widens up to the 1st step. From there it looks like a post. The funny thing is that you can see the ridges of the steps. I was thinking that if it were split plating that the steps wouldn't be seen over the post.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12437 Posts |
It looks like a die break that curves from the column to the designer initials and bulges in the middle
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Kind of sounds like trapped gas under the plating? 
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
3039 Posts |
USMC that looks like an extra planter between column 11 & 12.
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
188 Posts |
I guess that's what I was calling a post. Looking at the coin in hand, thats exactly what it looks like. Under the 16x loop you can tell it's not, it's some sort of die break or planchet inperfection.
|
| |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,008 |
|