A couple of weeks ago I posted an error SC quarter. Still unsure about that one, but it got me back into coinroll hunting. I used to do it as a kid to collect the wheats, but now I've started looking for errors as well. In the past 2 weeks I've gone through about $150 - $200 in cents. Unfortunatly no DD's yet! Not even a WAM. (I did get two IH's though, one 1897 with 165 deg. die rotation!) I did find the coins pictured below though and was wondering if the knowledgeble folks here could help me out.
I don't know much about errors, I'm guessing this is a die crack?
Is this just a worn die?
These last two are what I'm really currious about. What caused this? It don't think its post-mint dammage:
1974:
1978:
Thanks for looking and any help would be greatly appreciated! Ryan
In my opinion, the first one is gas bubbles under the plating. The second one is a nice Struck Through Grease error, and the last two are Dryer Coins or damaged in another way.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use