I bought a lot of 13 roman provincials recently and I'm in the progress of IDing them. There are 5 I'm currently stuck on and I hoping for a nudge in the right direction on these.
Here's the first one:
29.5mm 14.56g
Definitely She-Wolf and twins reverse, but I'm struggling to figure out the emperor or the region/city because of the condition.
This may be a stretch of the imagination but I'm thinking Caracalla. The weight in particular led me to this variety and region. SYRIA, Seleucis and Pieria. Laodicea ad Mare.
Looking at my coin in-hand, I think the reverse die is identical to the one you posted Biancasdad. Spacing of the lettering, the design, lettering relative to the design... it matches.
After some research I found two types that are nearly identical except for the obverse inscription. One is MAVS ANTONINVS PIVS AV GER CM and the other is the one you posted; MAVBEL ANTONINVS PIVS AVG PBG MAX. I cannot make out the obverse inscription on my coin well enough to tell the difference but since the reverse is identical to the one on acsearch, it's probably that type.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use