I wonder how close PCGS was to calling this one PL. To be honest, I don't care that it lacks the designation--I enjoy the appearance of the coin in my collection, where this one will likely stay for a long time. There are definitely some marks, but they are pretty small, especially on a 50 Sen coin (as opposed to a huge coin like the silver yen or a US silver dollar). I've noticed that on coins with strong contrast, smaller marks show up more.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use