I've had this coin for awhile. Obviously a key date. Purchased as part of an inherited collection.
My initial estimate at the grade when I first acquired it was VG Details due to the corrosion. I think it may well be a ground find.
I've been re-organizing and took another look and figured I'd get a second opinion on the grade. I also now recognize what looks to me like PVC contamination and given the details nature of the coin I think it's worth an acetone soak to try to mitigate it.
Thanks for the input folks. The reverse certainly looks better than the obverse IMO and I'm wondering if it's already been cleaned at some point (although maybe not with acetone) giving it the cameo aspect @jbuck mentioned. It's a keeper anyway.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use