| Author |
Replies: 13 / Views: 298 |
|
|
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts |
Date seems likely within range of 1982/3 to 2008. Not sure what I have here. First thought is PMD but the rim looks intact. What's your guess / opinion? I appreciate your responses. Thanks!  
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79187 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195742 Posts |
I agree. Nice find! 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19582 Posts |
Likely a grease m issue. An accurate wight to two decimal places might indicate more.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107152 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2888 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7333 Posts |
Being that both sides are affected makes me lean more towards a die adjustment strike error rather than a Greaser.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195742 Posts |
Quote:Being that both sides are affected makes me lean more towards a die adjustment strike error rather than a Greaser. 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79187 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
21900 Posts |
I'm with the Struck Through Grease gang. A Die Adjustment error would not have the rims fully formed as there would not be enough pressure to form them.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195742 Posts |
Good points. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7333 Posts |
I must confess Quote: I respectfully disagree, Greasy Fingers I too thought it was a " Greaser" to start, only threw out the weak die in hopes that someone would post a link (thought it would have been -makecents-) so that our somewhat new member/poster would learn the difference between the two. Somewhat like Coop would have done (plus, I don't know how to post links) What's that saying "give a man a fish......."
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
21900 Posts |
Maybe this will help 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
15924 Posts |
|
| |
Replies: 13 / Views: 298 |
|