| Author |
Replies: 3,359 / Views: 117,157 |
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195985 Posts |
Right now silver is up from yesterday by a dime. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195985 Posts |
A small dip to $60.90 in the early hours, but it looks like we are living in the ~$61 zone again today. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195985 Posts |
Of course right after I post that we drop to $60.87. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1340 Posts |
This is generally how the market takes your money and runs with it. And when I say "your" I'm speaking about people in general. The Market drops, people panic Sell, the Market buys it lower. The Market goes up, people panic Buy, the Market sells it higher. You become the markets liquidity. It's why 98% of inexperienced trader's lose all of their money. They don't learn how to spot these trends and to be Extremely Patient sometimes. Which unfortunately is best learned from years of watching the charts and losing money. The cost of Tuition Quote: The price action in Silver is looking kind of heavy.
I wouldn't be surprised if it dipped below $61 one more time and threw some "weak hands" over board before continuing. 
Edited by Harry213 Yesterday 5:31 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195985 Posts |
Indeed. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1340 Posts |
Around 36 hours ago, overnight Monday into Tuesday morning, Silver was at about $60.50 Silver closed at $61.03 on Tuesday.. But by late Tuesday evening Silver hit $62.11 And after chopping around all night, Silver is back to $60.50 ish on Wednesday.  I've been on the sidelines watching everything for over a week. I've closed every position except one. There's too much going on, Oil, Dollar, Bonds, Interest Rates, Treasuries, Metals, War, Iran, Midterm Elections, I'm sure I missed something. And a lot of things aren't making sense. And something looks like it's about to break. As Tim Knight says "In this current market environment you have to be both lucky enough and smart enough to not get chopped up into hamburger meat." Yesterday morning I took a gamble and traded SPY for about 2 hours (the S&P 500 ETF) and I netted a whopping $9 bucks after fees.  Had I bailed sooner I might have netted an extra $50, had I held until 4pm or overnight I might have netted an extra $200. Trust me I'm more than happy with the $9 bucks, I could just as easily be down a thousand bucks right now. IMHO the markets are going to turn into treacherous waters in the coming weeks and things are going to get worst before they get better. So I'm just going to sit back and watch and try to lose as little money as possible in the market. 
Edited by Harry213 Yesterday 2:07 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195985 Posts |
Quote: IMHO the markets are going to turn into treacherous waters in the coming weeks and things are going to get worst before they get better. So I'm just going to sit back and watch and try to lose as little money as possible in the market. I will join you. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195985 Posts |
The $60 line seems to be holding.  I hope I did not jinx it. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
5301 Posts |
Would be funny if we hit $50 again in the coming weeks. Then this thread will have come full circle.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195985 Posts |
I am not betting on it. We are back in the ~$61 zone. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1340 Posts |
Hey look at that, back above $61 heading to $62 again. Whoever Shorted Silver yesterday afternoon thinking it was going to $50 today woke up today looking like hamburger meat and is trying to get out of his short position right now. Been there, done that. But today will probably be a repeat of yesterday. And so might the next few weeks leading up to the Fed FOMC meeting. Just chop, chop, chop. And then a few days later we get the highly anticipated Midterm Election results,  and Oh Boy that's when the real Mayhem and Chaos will begin in the markets. 
Edited by Harry213 Today 5H 30M ago
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195985 Posts |
Quote: Whoever Shorted Silver yesterday afternoon thinking it was going to $50 today woke up today looking like hamburger meat and is trying to get out of his short position right now. Been there, done that.  Quote: But today will probably be a repeat of yesterday. And so might the next few weeks leading up to the Fed FOMC meeting. Just chop, chop, chop. Silver ping-ponging between ~$60 and ~$62 for the duration.  Quote: And then a few days later we get the highly anticipated Midterm Election results, and Oh Boy that's when the real Mayhem and Chaos will begin in the markets. I know where I have placed my bets. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1340 Posts |
Quote: Silver ping-ponging between ~$60 and ~$62 for the duration. Silver ping-pinging, yes. But the range is TBD. Could it be Between $60-$62? maybe, or $58-$64?, $55-$65?, $60-$70? throw a dart.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195985 Posts |
My "money" is on $60 and something. 
|
| |
Replies: 3,359 / Views: 117,157 |