Also curious about how this 8 reales I had shown would be graded.
A sunnier photo below.
Would it be called cleaned? Looking very carefully the obverse appears to have been swiped with some cloth at some point. But does it make sense to consider that in a circulated coin like this?
Center weakly struck, F-15, might make VF-20. Possibly cleaned years ago but should straight grade now. A VG coin would have far more wear around the rims.
Thank you. I had also thought weak strike. And perhaps worn die. To the right in the reverse I can see some bumps that I think are from use of a rusty die.
Circulation and age after having been cleaned kind of negate that cleaned classification?
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use