| Author |
Replies: 3,597 / Views: 190,311 |
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79294 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196036 Posts |
Quote: tonight I picked $1.10, that's the 7th night of the month for $1+, and that's a dollar-ten closer to $5K... Excellent!  Quote: ...unless I find some higher denomination FRNs soon, the run up to $5K is going to stretch into october.  Quote: in the meantime I have to figure out how I'm going to work my schedule & still have room in my nights for the kitties & money-hunting... but, like I said, milestone first. I want it, I've earned it, when I achieve it then i'll assess everything. this is a big change and I need to make it happen with as little tumult & resistance as possible. I am sure you will adapt and thrive! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2722 Posts |
|
|
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts |
I was on my way to the store but had to make a quick stop. It turned out that the place I stopped at was not only closed but deserted. Before I left I noticed a lot of pennies on the ground in the bushes. I didn't count them but there was probably close to 30. Unfortunately they were all zincolns and badly corroded; one was so eaten up that I just threw it back. I gave the rest a quick cleanup with the idea that I might be able to use them at the store's self-checkout. I was quickly disavowed of this idea, however, once I actually started trying it. Ultimately I ended up just discarding most if not all of the pennies. (I was also using other change that I had and I'm not sure whether or not the worse-looking cents that I was able to spend were among the newly found ones.)
I hate to see money wasted, even if it's just a bunch of zincolns...
Edited by SquareCircle 09/30/2026 4:11 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196036 Posts |
Bummer. At least you tried. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107446 Posts |
The attempt was very admirable! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2722 Posts |
Quote: I hate to see money wasted, even if it's just a bunch of zincolns... i know that feeling rather well. can't save 'em all. you get an A for effort, though.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7731 Posts |
Congrats Mr Pink on your successes! Wish you nothing but the best, sir! "Happy days are here again" as the old song goes!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2722 Posts |
thanks! I could babble at length, but I won't... it's sufficient to say that my first day on the new job was hindered by biblical rainfall & storms. it was so bad that when it came time to clock out & go home at 3:30pm, the tropical rain had been training over us for hours, turning the streets into rivers. I couldn't pedal home in it, so I was forced to walk home (left my bike locked up at the Home Depot) in a deluge & flood (though I did have an umbrella). water up to my knees for a couple blocks in one place, but after that one instance it was easier because I've been biking this island for decades, I knew where to walk for higher ground.
the stories are already piling up!
there is a lot of standing water tonight + king tide in the past week, so I don't think i'll find much $ tonight. tonight I'm just out to feed the cats & I'm done. I'm exhausted.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107446 Posts |
wow, what an ordeal, knee deep water is not easy to wade through, let alone fins change at the bottom of that much water. It is a good thing that you know the ins and outs of the island. so feed the cats and get some rest.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19599 Posts |
High tides and higher expectations!
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196036 Posts |
Oh my!  Glad you are okay.
|
| |
Replies: 3,597 / Views: 190,311 |