Hello everyone, While cleaning the attic from my uncle's home, I found the above. Not sure if this DDO, fake or multiple strike... I see a lot of doubling (we trust, 1955 year, double nose, etc), without microscope. I only have 5x loop and with this tool, I also see another 1955 below and to the left of the original strike. Also weak L (from liberty) to the left and almost on the rim...Coin weight is in the middle of the range. Reverse looks almost normal - coin not completely flat and looks a little elongated to me. I am an old tool and die maker, and think that this coin was punch, it got stuck... Thank you kindly for your feedback.
It is a counterfeit, look at how far the copy is from the rim, it should almost be touching it. Also if it was double struck, it would show on the head also, not just on the copy. .
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use