| Author |
Replies: 3,537 / Views: 282,099 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
3823 Posts |
Interesting (and attractive) MPC, MintedNotPrinted!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1774 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196264 Posts |
Very nice! 
|
|
Valued Member
Singapore
74 Posts |
Singapore banknotes. Monetary Authority of Singapore. 2005 ND Second Issue. First prefix 1AA x 2 runs. PMG catalogue: Pick #47a 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1774 Posts |
Thanks, jbuck Nice note, aster 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
3823 Posts |
Nice notes, aster!
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS. My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2642 Posts |
Quote: Nice notes, aster! +1  I just realized I forgot to add a few pick-ups from the Philippines. Since they have now gone polymer, I realized that I better fill in a few gaps I had let go (before the change-over to plastic). So here's a few of the more interesting notes I got: 50 Pesos (new 7th seal) without "marks for the blind"  100 Pesos with (new 7th seal) & first A prefix:  Last 200 Pesos (6th seal 2020 no marks for the blind):  A (new 7th seal) 500 Pesos & solid 5 radar:  And an old 6th seal 1000 Pesos replacement. Funny thing is I got one just like this on our first trip there but it was too circulated & needed to be spent.  Just to note that I have found that getting notes with the marks for the blind much easier than getting them without (such as these 2 sets below):   I just need the new "7th seal" 1000 Pesos & my sets will be complete.
Edited by walk2dwater Yesterday 11:59 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
3823 Posts |
Great set of notes, walk2dwater!
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS. My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
18902 Posts |
Great notes, walk2dwater! Is 50 Piso now the lowest value in circulation? I am calling there on a cruise in December and was wondering about what I might get from an ATM or if I changed some money.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Germany
995 Posts |
Quote: I just realized I forgot to add a few pick-ups from the Philippines. Since they have now gone polymer, I realized that I better fill in a few gaps I had let go (before the change-over to plastic). They have not gone polymer completely. Paper notes with marks for the blind are still being printed. For example, the 500-Piso by Crane and Giesecke&Devrient in 2024 and 2025 resp. The BSP also ordered 660 million 1000-Piso paper notes with marks in 2025. Crane got/won the order. Quote: Is 50 Piso now the lowest value in circulation? There are still 20 Piso notes in circulation. But they are not printed anymore.
Edited by redlock Yesterday 11:49 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196264 Posts |
Nice acquisitions! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2642 Posts |
Quote: Great set of notes, walk2dwater! -Thanks @hokie_fan82! Quote: Great notes, walk2dwater! Is 50 Piso now the lowest value in circulation? Thanks @NumisRob & Redlock answered your question (50 was lowest but rarely saw 20's circulate). On my last visit in 2022, I got a few 20 Pesos (but more coins) & the ones I found were super worn/soiled (as were most 50 Pesos). I did manage to catch/keep a Duterte-Diokno 100 Pesos (6th seal) but this was before Boom-Boom came to power. If I were you, I would try to get a paper 2026 50 & 100 Pesos (b/c according to Numista there are still paper denominations being produced) with this year as a production date. That seems odd with the polymer going on at the same time but the BSP has had 2 series simultaneously issued different designs before (2010 NGC & their former series until 2012). I also would be on the lookout for 7 digit notes (most NGC have 6 digit serials), plus 3 letter prefixes & AA* replacement notes. All sorts of interesting departures from BSP usual conventions with the 7th seal! Quote: Nice acquisitions! Thanks @jbuck! I also got this 2023 20-Pesos replacement (since I found all the lowest denominations tough to find while I was there in 2022). Note, it is 7 digits when all former replacements were only 6 digit serials: 
Edited by walk2dwater Today 3M ago
|
| |
Replies: 3,537 / Views: 282,099 |