| Author |
Replies: 12 / Views: 232 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1780 Posts |
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
864 Posts |
It's hard not to think that the die must have disintegrated completely, shortly after this strike.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1780 Posts |
Agreed!
Such a small die too, it's only a 15mm / 1g coin.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79456 Posts |
Are you sure that it's not a Lamination error?
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1780 Posts |
I wasn't sure from the seller's photos when I bought it (it was listed as "error"), so I completely understand the hesitation, though I would say that I'd be happy with a lamination error regardless  I'll gladly post some more angled shots if you're interested. The amount of die cracking rather than peeling, and the visible elevation difference in hand, has me thinking a crack/break of some form.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196278 Posts |
Interesting example! 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79456 Posts |
I'd love to see more angles pictures of your coin, MintedNotPrinted.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1780 Posts |
Thanks, jbuck, Errers I'll post some more shots once I'm home tonight 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196278 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107820 Posts |
nice one MNP! - I initially thought lamination here also. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1780 Posts |
Edited by MintedNotPrinted Yesterday 11:09 pm
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79456 Posts |
Thank you for the angled photos, MintedNotPrinted.  Looks like a Die Crack.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1780 Posts |
Thank you, Errers 
|
| |
Replies: 12 / Views: 232 |
|