Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

My Revamped Jefferson Nickel Collection

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 203 / Views: 15,835Next Topic
Page: of 14
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196278 Posts
Pillar of the Community
cladking's Avatar
United States
2287 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2026  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jefferson nickels are my first love, though, so I gotta continue them I feel! And I mean, they are so cheap!


I collected Buffalo nickels for years but by 1962 all that was left in circulation were worn out specimens and culls so I switched to Jeffersons. These coins are quite underrated by the hobby. Nice coins like the '39-D are as tough as the buffalos but they still have their dates in low grade and there are more BU rolls saved. Coins like the '82-P that are still nice and well made are very elusive as are things like VF and better '44-S's that are attractive. Many of the post-'65 coins were not saved in rolls and now the mint sets are nearly gone. I never see any quantities of the '42-D except in abysmal condition.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79456 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2026  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great!
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107820 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2026  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't remember if you were looking for page 3 of the 8114 Dansco album or not.
BUT! if you are the Danscostore now has them up for sale (page 3 that is)
https://goccf.com/t/493225
Pillar of the Community
Humanist1287's Avatar
United States
1207 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Humanist1287 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
Yeah, I'm looking into purchasing this album potentially.
Pillar of the Community
Humanist1287's Avatar
United States
1207 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Humanist1287 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I did some re-organizing with my Jefferson nickels from 2006 and onward. I basically shuffled around the coins to more closely mimic the Dansco 8114 album.

My-Revamped-Jefferson-Nickel-Collection
My-Revamped-Jefferson-Nickel-Collection
on page 3, I opted to put all the satin finish and the oddball coins, like the reverse proofs and special edition proofs, etc
My-Revamped-Jefferson-Nickel-Collection
I also removed all the pre-71 S proofs from the 8113 album, and put them into this album as well, since there is room for an entire page full, as well as any extras I have and the 1981 type 2 proof.
My-Revamped-Jefferson-Nickel-Collection

All in all, honestly, I think I like this look better. I don't have the 2024-S proof yet, due to the ridiculous pricing of it currently. I also don't have any of the 2025 or 2026 proof coins.
In the spots beyond that, since they are empty, I just threw in a bunch of random 2025 coins that I had to take up space for now.

I am toying around with getting the 8114 album, since they are being produced again, and moving everything over. I'll also take the blank page with the satin finish and random coins and add that as well.
I love this blank album, so I think what I'll do is allocate this to collecting all my other random Jefferson nickels from bank rolls that I find.
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79456 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good!
Errers and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
seamonkey5150's Avatar
United States
1088 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add seamonkey5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the 8114 would be a nice addition to your collection. Seeing all the dates all nice and organized is a plus. I can't wait to finally get mine and get them out of 2x2's.
  Replies: 203 / Views: 15,835Next Topic
Page: of 14

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums