Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,079 / Views: 2,339,433Next Topic
Page: of 1872
Pillar of the Community
trapper's Avatar
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trapper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 more boxes tonight absolutely nothing.
Valued Member
tpmjr2004's Avatar
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpmjr2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I finally figured up my 2013 totals. These figures are only from mid-July when I started keeping a good record of my finds.

Out of about 55 boxes:
90% Halves: 17 including 5 Walkers and 3 Franklins
40% Halves: 143
1974-D DDO: 15
Proofs: 26

I kept quite a bit of other stuff in my searches, but these are my only finds of value. I thought I had found more, but that doesn't look too bad for a part-time searcher dealing with time and funding constraints. I'm happy with the 27 ounces of silver I pulled just in Halves. My find rate seems high on the 1974-D DDOs as other people seem to have a hard time finding them.
Pillar of the Community
ksammut's Avatar
United States
1003 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ksammut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you sure the 1974-D DDO's are not Machine Doubling?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
6 boxes today.

1 90%, 1 40%, a Magicians coin, a proof, and a few NIFC.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've only found 40 or so 1974D DDO out of 2500 boxes.

If I were you I'd make sure you had the real deal.
Valued Member
tpmjr2004's Avatar
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2014  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpmjr2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few pics I've taken as I've found them. I still have to photograph the more recent finds. The pics aren't the best, as they are with my iphone through a loupe, but they still show the doubling.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2014  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those look good to me.

15 out of only 55 boxes is a lot.
Valued Member
tpmjr2004's Avatar
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2014  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpmjr2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually I found 2 more in Box #56 last night.
Pillar of the Community
trapper's Avatar
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2014  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trapper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 more boxes.

2, 40% a 1965 & 1967
and a 1987D
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2014  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 box.

2 40%ers, a 1982 no FG, and a couple of NIFC.
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it depends a lot on where you live. I've found a ton of 74d DDO's. I honestly have no idea how many but I know it's over 200. My fear is there's more of these FS-101's than I could have ever imagined. My hope is someone dumped a collection close to me.
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jvandy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
8 more rolls 3 40% and a 74 proof
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My boxes didn't come in this week, I was told they were ordered. frustrated beyond words!
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
01/09/2014 3:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
chuckster 125's Avatar
United States
4113 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jack jeckel, halfhunter, tpmjr2004- Great finds!


4 box total today: 13- all 40%

1-72P DDO-(Coneca DDO-001)
1-72D- No FG Initials

5- NON Silver Proofs- 2-Bi-Cenns, a 80S, 87S and 95S.
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jvandy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Other than silver, just curious as to what other key dates to look for. Thanks
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,079 / Views: 2,339,433Next Topic
Page: of 1872

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Forums