Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,044Next Topic
Page: of 1872
Valued Member
RCook's Avatar
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCook to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't get two of my boxes this week. I went to pick them up today and they said they didn't get their delivery this week on account of the ice/snow we received earlier this week. They said they'd get their normal delivery next Thursday so I should get the boxes then.
Edited by RCook
03/07/2015 12:55 am
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add naburt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see jack and arby. I totally agree. Next week we will see how those 8 boxes go. I think I'msticking to dimes though 2 dimes is worth 1 40% half anyway
Pillar of the Community
CSOTUS's Avatar
1153 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CSOTUS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got 1 box this past week. About a dozen post 2002 NIFC clads, a 68-D magician coin and a 69-D half.

Not a killer box by any means but does break my no silver streak of 3 boxes. These were Brinks rolls FWIW
Pillar of the Community
skibdib's Avatar
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congrats SjlundCoin! that is a nice box for sure!
Valued Member
yelimsexa's Avatar
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yelimsexa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got two more boxes of halves today. The first box was a near-total skunk with just one 2005-P worth keeping. The second box did have a 1964 back side topper. I decided to save this roll for last, and after 49 rolls with only three NIFC (barely enough total to pay for the gas), I did manage to find a 1967 in that same roll. That makes my first 90% silver of the year! I've ordered four more boxes for next Friday, so I hope I can cash in before the post-holiday silver dump cycle dries up (though there are always weddings/anniversaries/birthday parties that the same demographic can also use to buy gifts, and I've found good stuff all year round).

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Edited by yelimsexa
03/07/2015 1:32 pm
Valued Member
RCook's Avatar
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCook to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so I hope I can cash in before the post-holiday silver dump cycle dries up


I got a very good box a few weeks ago, I suspect it came from someone cashing in to buy Christmas gifts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 boxes.

Skunked again.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgand33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my first box on order. My bank has told me for about 9 months now they cant order halves. And about 5 months ago I was contacted by a 3rd party survey company that my bank has hired to do surveys. They reach out to customers and have them go in like a secret shopper type thing and then fill out a survey on that branch. Well 5 months later and about 25 surveys filled out stating everything is tip top except the fact that I cant order halves. And now all of a sudden. "yes Mr Delk we would be more then happy to.

And to top it off. Every survey I filled out the company paid me $5 to my paypal.
Valued Member
jdk350's Avatar
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdk350 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score, SjlundCoin! That type of haul helps offset the skunks that are inevitable!
Valued Member
jdk350's Avatar
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2015  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdk350 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last box I went through yielded a little bit of everything...coolest of which was an oldie. A 1907 O Barber! By far my oldest hunted find.

Summary here followed by pics:
1907 O Barber
1954 Franklin
4 - 40% (66, 2-67, 68)
Proofs 1972, 1984
2 - 1986 Nation of Immigrants Commemorative
7 - NIFC 2002+
1971 Magician's coin
3 - Plated stamped '1960' & '1980' coins

Silver:
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

Reverse of the Barber and Franklin:
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

Proofs:
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

1986 Commemoratives:
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

Magician's coin:
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

Plated, Stamped Coins:
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

Stamped closeup:
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

Good luck hunting out there.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195987 Posts
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2015  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds JDK350, I guess that nation of immigrants coin if not one to hold on too. Its not often you see two people pull the same commemorative in a week. Love the Barber congrats on pulling your first one.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2015  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LibertyEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow awesome finds jdk350!
Valued Member
Necer149's Avatar
United States
457 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2015  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Necer149 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the barber jdk.
Pillar of the Community
skibdib's Avatar
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2015  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, a barber. awesome. congrats!

i hope my boxes are available for pickup tomorrow!
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,044Next Topic
Page: of 1872

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Forums