Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,337,240Next Topic
Page: of 1872
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cracked open the 4 boxes I picked up yesterday, 2 skunks, boxes 1 and 2 yielded me 20 pieces of silver, 5-90%ers and 15-40%ers. Box 1 had two enders one a Bennie! I pulled 1-43D Walker, 1-51D, and 1-52 Franklin 1-64 GEM and 1-64D, 1-65, 5-67, 8-68 and 1-69. 3-Clad Poofs, 1-73S and 2-77S. Great finish to the week with Thirty Pieces of silver. Wishing for more Christmas Silver to come our way.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"

ENDERS!

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

One of the nicest 64 I have pulled from Circulation, beautiful Cartwheels.
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
11/06/2015 5:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
skibdib's Avatar
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice score arby, gotta like numbers like that! the 2 boxes more than made up for the skunks :-)

my bank did not get the shipment before they closed, so I am assuming I will get those 2 boxes on Monday.

Just a delay I guess. Good luck to all!
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Skibdib, it is a game of numbers for sure, Its difficult to be successful only purchasing 1 box at a time, I am blessed I can do 12 boxes a week, and at times is difficult getting my goal of 10 pieces of silver a week. I am very happy with the Start of November. Today is my two year anniversary searching and posting on this blog. Its been an amazing two years. I have pulled approximately 725 ounces of silver since I started. 3212 pieces of silver. I told my bank I am going to need another safety deposit box very soon. I really need to think about getting a safe I guess, it should save me money in the long run. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good safe? Wishing you all the best.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
skibdib's Avatar
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
arby, that is remarkable. Congrats on the anniversary, and keep up the good work. 12 boxes a week would be awesome. Ive got step up my game here hahah.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Arby has all the luck

2 boxes from yesterday.

Box 1 skunked.

Box 2 2 40%ers and a Walker.

2 boxes today. Both each had a Magicians coin. I haven't found one of those in a long time and today I found 2. I'd rather find silver.
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What year is your Walker Jack? I haven't pulled a Magicians coin in a while or a 74D DDO.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
Arkie's Avatar
United States
2643 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have a local bank I added to my circuit. Last 4 weeks I've bought $3.50 face, receiving 3 40% halves. When I bought my latest 40%, I told the cashier that she takes good care of me.
Pillar of the Community
Numisma's Avatar
United States
4963 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  02:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does anyone have a suggestion of a good safe?


I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/SentrySafe-SF...ds=SFW123DSB
It's fireproof, waterproof and very strong and sturdy. I highly recommend it.
Valued Member
coinsrus1000's Avatar
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Arby your numbers are amazing, congrats......i would go with a large safe and bolt it to the ground....keep up the great results.....
Valued Member
RCook's Avatar
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCook to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Its been an amazing two years. I have pulled approximately 725 ounces of silver since I started. 3212 pieces of silver.


Great numbers!! I've been at it about a year, but my numbers are nowhere near as impressive as yours. I've only got about 10% of what you have. It seems you're just in a great area that must not be heavily searched.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@arby

It was a 1943.

2 boxes left from yesterday.

Skunked
Pillar of the Community
carloscoria's Avatar
United States
729 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carloscoria to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like searching halves for a few reasons. First is for the silver, compared to dimes. $500 dollar box usually gets me maybe 2 dimes (.144) worth of silver. One Half Dollar box usually nets me on average 2-3 40% half's and the occasional 90% (more silver) and easier to work. Reason 3 is that the coin counter never miscounts half's and never shorted till this last week. I have noticed my last 6 boxes short 2-3 dollars worth. I open up the box and see the short roll. o| Anyone experienced this lately or how often are you shorted when searching halfs. I hate finding one 40%er in a box an being shorted 2 bucks. Might as well buy them.

Valued Member
RCook's Avatar
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2015  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCook to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. I have noticed my last 6 boxes short 2-3 dollars worth. I open up the box and see the short roll. o| Anyone experienced this lately or how often are you shorted when searching halfs. I hate finding one 40%er in a box an being shorted 2 bucks. Might as well buy them.


I ran into problems with short rolls a few times, but not too often. I think the worst box I ever got was short $2.00 or $2.50. I've also noticed in my case sometimes if I have a roll that's a coin short there will also be a roll in the same box that's got an extra coin.
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2015  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Carlos, I have had that issue as well, Last month I was shorted approximately $15.00 and the only saving grace is the silver. So far this month I have been shorted $2.50. Its has been a problem with one bank they started opening boxes and returning them to the feds. I as the bank manager not to worry about it because there are times I make out by a couple of bucks too, plus I don't want them sending boxes back just in case there is silver in them. I would rather search them. I don't mind the shortest too much as long as I score silver. "LOVE THE HUNT!"
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
11/08/2015 12:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
Imthealphaomega's Avatar
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2015  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Arby I never knew you were a bank manager no wonder you can get so many boxes since you probably place the orders.....hey a good perk of your job I guess. You tell your employees to hold silver if they get them from customers?
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,337,240Next Topic
Page: of 1872

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Forums