Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,336,237Next Topic
Page: of 1872
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2011  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4-brink box
---------------4-40%
---------------2-clad proof
---------------1-fender chip
silver @ 39.22 oz
Edited by 90percenters
04/05/2011 8:27 pm
Valued Member
Nobis1's Avatar
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2011  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nobis1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 boxes searched - 1 40%.
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2011  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
900.00 worth in rolls,In 11 different banks.
------------------------------------------------zip---------------------------------------------------------------darn it
New Member
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2011  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Benwho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
6 boxes

1='66
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2011  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ben
That was alot of work for lousy 40%
That has been like mine too.
Next week will get better,I hope!!!
Valued Member
BuffaloBuffoon's Avatar
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2011  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloBuffoon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 Boxes....1 40% and one 1997 British 50 Pence
Valued Member
Scott W's Avatar
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2011  06:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scott W to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have done my last boxes of halfs for the next 2 months or so.

6 boxes. One big skunk.

Pillar of the Community
chuckster 125's Avatar
United States
4113 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2011  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
8 box total today: 25

6 @ 90%

A 1935P,1941P,1945P and a 1946P Walker and a 64D & P JFK.

19 @ 40%.

Nice week for halfs.

Till next week,

Happy Half Hunting Everyone!
Valued Member
Chriscoinmaster's Avatar
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2011  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
weekly one box
silver skunkity skunk skunk
did find 4 NIFC
2003 D hole filler!
New Member
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2011  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Benwho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 boxes

1='66
2='67
1='69

My week is getting a little better....
Valued Member
BuffaloBuffoon's Avatar
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2011  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloBuffoon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
one more box...ZILLCH
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2011  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hit 9 older banks in small towns in the country.
Went through 180.00.
-------------0---------------
Valued Member
phil5280's Avatar
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2011  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add phil5280 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chuckster, I don't know how you do it man. I have been through tens of thousands of dollars of halves and have yet to find a single Walking Liberty half. To land these on a regular basis is amazing. Wow.
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2011  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
silver-----40.00 oz! bloomberg@10:30 pm

Edited by 90percenters
04/07/2011 11:28 pm
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2011  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rawmeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys! I've been lurking for a little while (a short while) but I had read a few items about coin-hunting for silver and wondered what would happen if I did the same. So I asked my bank to get me a box of nickels, pennies, and half dollars. Obviously excited to get into it, I started with the half dollars.

Most of the rolls had a kennedy on the end with black marker in his ear and I'd gone through ~20 rolls without finding anything made of silver. Then there was a roll without the black spot, I dumped it onto the table and heard a strange sound. Turns out that apparently the sound of a 90% 1964 is distinguishable to an ear only 20 rolls in and I found my first silver piece!

From what I've seen on here, I basically had the best haul ever for a newbie in 2011: I found 3 1967; 1 1968; and NINE 1964 pieces!

I hate to be 'that guy' that asks for guidance right away, but I figured I would check the dates to be sure there were no "S" in there -- there wasn't -- but I wanted to ask before I started working on how to dump these if there is anything else I should look for before dumping these back off -- it's hard to find a clear value page for 1971+ half dollars that might be in circulation.

Thanks a lot for any help and thanks even more for getting me to try this (I'm totally hooked after this haul!) -- and finally, sorry for all you old hat silver miners that my beginners's luck was so good!
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,336,237Next Topic
Page: of 1872

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Forums