|
This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!
To participate in the forum you must log in or register. | Author |
Replies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,245 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
622 Posts |
Ok Halfhunter, That is almost exactly the same as my monster box. I had the exact same brinks wrappers which may not sound like a big deal but there are several kinds of brinks wrappers. My final total 40%ers was almost exactly the same. Now I have a couple questions. Mine were almost all 65, 66, & 67s. Had like 8 or 10 68's and 69's...total and 1 64. I speculated that someone cashed in all the 65, 66, 67's... probably stolen or estate settlement and the person didn't know they had silver. I think the 68, 69's and 64 were unrelated to the others. I also speculate that there is another monster box of 68's and 69's. By chance, are yours mostly 68's and 69's? Do you mind sharing what part of the country you live in and which bank? I'm just curious if our finds are related.
Also, I got truly skunked again today with 1 box. That's $6000 without a single piece of silver. And vetstudent is right...you'll be chasing it.
|
|
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts |
halfhunter, I can't wait till one of my weekly Brinks boxes yields this kind of silver! Great find!
|
|
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts |
Took a road trip to day went to some banks. Found 23-40% Kennedys 1 -90% Kennedy 1  1911 Barber half  1- 1955 Canada half Dollar Great finds to all. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
619 Posts |
I went by some banks today, and scored 2 $40 halves, and lots of corroded proofs. There was a serious flood here a couple years ago; I wondered if they were damaged by it.
Edited by CPC24 03/21/2012 12:22 am
|
|
New Member
United States
17 Posts |
Hi All, I have not had a lot to post about lots NIFC, but no silver, then today with my 2 boxes I got, a few.. box 1 69 x 2 68 x 4 67 x 1 box 2 64 x2 66 x 1 67 x 2 68 x 1 not bad and it put a end to a dry spell... also finding a lot of marked coins here are a few pics..   
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts |
Nice! barber picker is the Canadian half silver? 16 boxes in a row now have not found any silver. I'm gonna try ordering at another bank I have an account at. See if my luck will change. I'm not finding anything no silver, no UNC no NIFC or proofs naaadaaa.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
530 Posts |
Thanks guys, still excited over the big score. By the way it was my wifes birthday today to. When I opened the box, and glanced in, I saw a 68, picked it up, and it was a double ender, I immediately opened it, and it had 3 silvers, thats when I started checking for enders, and found all the obverse ones, then went back through, and picked out the reverse ones. I knew I had to wait for my wife to get home in a few hours. Checked the second box, no enders,searched the whole thing, nothing, texted my wife she was about off work, I said get home quick, 25 enders. I ended up opening 2 more before she got there,( 2 that didnt have enders) I couldnt resist, one had 11, one had 4.I left the open ones all stacked how I found them I knew we had atleast 45 silvers with the double enders, and open rolls, Knew I had a monster. Wife got home she thought I was talking about Buffalo nickels.....lol.......she about fell over, we just tore in. Nothing Like saying things like, wow only 3 in that roll.....lol... I had them all seperated in two stacks, for hers and mine. well thats my story, had to share it for this box Quote: Ok Halfhunter, That is almost exactly the same as my monster box. I had the exact same brinks wrappers which may not sound like a big deal but there are several kinds of brinks wrappers. My final total 40%ers was almost exactly the same. Now I have a couple questions. Mine were almost all 65, 66, & 67s. Had like 8 or 10 68's and 69's...total and 1 64. I speculated that someone cashed in all the 65, 66, 67's... probably stolen or estate settlement and the person didn't know they had silver. I think the 68, 69's and 64 were unrelated to the others. I also speculate that there is another monster box of 68's and 69's. By chance, are yours mostly 68's and 69's? Do you mind sharing what part of the country you live in and which bank? I'm just curious if our finds are related.
Also, I got truly skunked again today with 1 box. That's $6000 without a single piece of silver. And vetstudent is right...you'll be chasing it.
Im in Ohio. There were alot of 66,67,68,69, but mostly 68,69, I did have some 65, but not as many os the others, but defenitely more then 10 of them. 2 weeks ago, I found my first 2 40%,last week one of my 2 boxes were marked worse then ever by the same person, seen his mark before, black sharpie line, on all the bicentenials, So I dont know what to expect next week. Your right on chasing, already tempting to order up 2 more every week, or go back to the other branch I was getting 2 a week from, and start doing 4 boxes a week....lol....... On the other post, I dont recognize any of those marks.
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts |
Quote: is the Canadian half silver? only in 1967-8, earlier ones are 80%.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
787 Posts |
HalfHunter,
Were the wrappers S & S?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
787 Posts |
Sorry about that. I posted while reading a previous page and saw they were Brinks after the fact.
My bank teller said she would order me two more boxes next week, and I know they use Brinks as their supplier. I also know, from experience, that Brinks is delivering from two different suppliers.
I would love to find 1/3 of what you just found. You must be on Cloud 9!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
4113 Posts |
jimm7y:
That one coin marked "LOMBARDO"- I've gotten quite a few of those with that person's name written on it over the past year!
|
|
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts |
Quote: jimm7y:
That one coin marked "LOMBARDO"- I've gotten quite a few of those with that person's name written on it over the past year! I had a few marked LOMBARDO as well.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
622 Posts |
SilverCoinPicker, Can I pick your brain a bit? I know you're in the City. I'm North of T-town. Are you having more luck at the little banks or big? Are you hitting up small towns? I tried to email but can't. You're welcome to email me at okie_bj21 at hot mail dotcom.
Owassokie
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
622 Posts |
SilverCoinPicker, BTW, that Barber is awesome! Does it have an S or D mint mark?
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196000 Posts |
Quote: Found this nice 69-s in a roll from a brinks box... A rescued proof and it is silver. Very nice! 
|
| |
Replies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,245 |
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

- My Latest Pickup - Peace Dollar
- 1932 Eagle "in Cod We Trust"
- 1970 S Lincoln Cent Proof - Explanation Help
- Video: Behind The Design Of Currency Symbols
- Video: Numismatic Finds From The Karkemish Excavations
- Wanted: Whitman And Harris Folders For US Coins In Australia
- 2026 United States Mint Proof Set Available On October 6
- Advanced US Coin Grading: Practice Makes Perfect: Summary & Student Growth, Ep. 10
- Advanced US Coin Grading: The Classroom Competition, Ep. 9
- Advanced US Coin Grading: The Importance Of Eye Appeal, Ep. 8
- Advanced US Coin Grading: Coin Grading With Jeff Garrett, Ep. 7
- Advanced US Coin Grading: Advanced Coin Grading With Don Ketterling, Ep. 6
- Advanced US Coin Grading: Determining Coin Grading Skills, Ep. 5
- Advanced US Coin Grading: Counterfeit Awareness In Coin Grading, Ep. 4
- Advanced US Coin Grading: Grading Services Progression And Current Landscape, Ep. 3
- Advanced US Coin Grading: A Review And History Of Coin Grading, Ep. 2
- Advanced US Coin Grading: Introduction, Ep. 1
- 1984 (1985) India 20 Rupee, PCGS PL-66, Indira Gandhi
- Philippine Peso 1905 S
- 2026-D Quarter Possible Doubling
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
|
| Coin Community Forum |
© 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums |
| It took 0.93 seconds to rattle this change. |
 |
|
| |
| |