| Author |
Replies: 124 / Views: 6,427 |
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts |
I've only opened one of my ten, jbuck. I know I won't be keeping more than two of them, and am undecided as to whether sealed might be worth a little more. I guess I need to look into that.
Edited by Vector Ze 07/08/2026 3:07 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196342 Posts |
Quote: I've only opened one of my ten, jbuck. One is better than none. You have to get eyes on a set to appreciate them.  Quote: am undecided as to whether sealed might be worth a little more. I guess I need to look into that. They probably will. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2854 Posts |
Finally opened my two sets, and I'm very disappointed in the quality of the Philadelphia coins. Both P half dollars have bad water spots and hazing, along with one P Gettysburg quarter. Some coins have nicks or scratches in prime focal areas. That would be unacceptable for a $33 set, let alone a $124 set.  I will probably return the worst set and break up the other set for the Dansco. Regardless I'll have to purchase at least the P half dollar on the secondary market.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196342 Posts |
Bummer. 
|
|
New Member
United States
3 Posts |
Anyone is a little Irked that the proof sets have jumped to rediculous. Less than a year ago I paid $96 for a Proof Liberty Dollar. Paid I think $105 for Morgan and Peace as well as the 250 US Navy (and Army for my son). Now the proofs are $167 and $179. Which I paid for the 1776 - 2026 Liberty (I cringed at that one)
Also the Uncirculated coins are $124 for about $4 worth of coins.
Does it bother you as much as it does me?
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196342 Posts |
Quote: Does it bother you as much as it does me? Yes. It does.   to the Community!
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107844 Posts |
Quote: Does it bother you as much as it does me? Oh Yeah - and I think that it bothers lots more too. Many here have decided that they are done with mint products after this year. and  to CCF. 
|
|
New Member
United States
3 Posts |
I think the biggest irk is the uncirculated. I mean 124 bucks for about 4 bucks in coins is stupid. Proof would even be rediculous. It wasnt that long ago that annual sets were 24.99 or so.
Does anyone know why the price has shot through the roof?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2238 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1760 Posts |
I bought 3 sets minus the Zincoln for about $55 each. Affordable way to get the other coins for much less than the issue price of the set.
The price is high because of two small zinc coins, w7psk.
Edited by DoubleEagle20 09/03/2026 03:56 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts |
55 dollars per incomplete set. Only LAST YEAR the complete set was $33.25. And this is a set that has zero precious metal content to blame the price gouging on.  I have to wonder if someone has their little grifting pinkies in the til.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196342 Posts |
Quote: I have to wonder if someone has their little grifting pinkies in the til. Yes. 
|
|
New Member
United States
3 Posts |
Just bit my toungue and ordered the Mint proof circulating set for $107.00 plus shipping and tax.
UGH
Edited by w7psk Today 3H 35M ago
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196342 Posts |
You will not regret it! "Words of encouragement ... Words of great encouragement!" 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107844 Posts |
 to CCF. you will like the set you just purchased
|
|
|
Replies: 124 / Views: 6,427 |
|