| Author |
Replies: 19 / Views: 418 |
Page 2 of 2
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
4007 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79400 Posts |
 Back to CCF! I'm pretty sure it's a DDO, but I'm not sure which one it is. The pictures aren't clear enough to see the doubling clearly.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107680 Posts |
 to CCF wow, your close up images are really no good to help you - it is like looking into a fog bank. I use my cell phone to get my image but I hold my phone about a foot and a half, then zoom in up to a factor of about 4 or 5.
|
|
New Member
United States
2 Posts |
It looks like IGWT is doubled in the CCW direction. So look at DDOs 2,4,5 & 7 -- Likely #2 or #7 but, if it turns out to be #4 then rejoice, because that one is rare.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- edit: looks like Coin rejector might have nailed it [#7]
Wexler/VarietyVista marker: die dot below N in UNUM, check for the lower lip die dot
Edited by Centwise Today 21H 12M ago
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
9011 Posts |
Quote:Can't help specifically with your penny, but I had sent one in for attribution a while back: came back as a doubled master die. Here's part of what John wrote back to me: "I always look for the die gouge inside the upper S in TRUST to identify this one." (to ID it as the doubled master) My pic of the die gouge isn't very good in my post, but at least it will give you the location to look. https://goccf.com/t/488645&SearchTerms=1972,penny, DDO I have brought this up multiple times, if the B and R have a level top, it's not the doubled master die and this one has the level, not sloped tops. Very easy to see, even in very worn coins and dies. 
-makecents-
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
9011 Posts |
Definitely a counterclockwise rotated doubled die though. Better pics would be great.
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents- Today 20H 43M ago
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts |
Quote: if the B and R have a level top, it's not the doubled master die Good to know! (Sorry, either missed [or forgot  ] that)
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
4007 Posts |
Edited by Scooby Due Today 2H 29M ago
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79400 Posts |
Those pictures are better. Thank you, Scooby Due.  I'm thinking that you have WDDO-007. Make sure to match the known die markers for WDDO-007.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
4007 Posts |
That's my problem. I can't find any die markers that match any of the DDO's.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79400 Posts |
It's possible that it could be a different die stage.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
4007 Posts |
Actually, I think I finally see the die gouge below the initials on the bust and possibly the die gouge extending NW off the WE. I see the faintest of die scratches above LIBERTY that seem to match in general. They're just not as obvious as the photos I comparing my coin to.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107680 Posts |
Much better images, thank you, I can see the doubling on Liberty quite well.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6905 Posts |
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275402393796I have gotten a lot of mileage out of my little clip on phone magnifier, which is very similar to the one above. The light is pretty worthless, but a basic LED flashlight with a tissue wrapped around it will let you take really good magnified pictures.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
4007 Posts |
Thanks, I'll check that out.
|
|
Page 2 of 2
|
Replies: 19 / Views: 418 |
Page 2 of 2
|