Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1918 Raw Lincoln Cent For Grading.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Replies: 16 / Views: 478Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19621 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2026  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list
Given the image posted, I'm thinking strong MS64.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9903 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2026  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list
I'm in at MS65 with a shot at 66
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2459 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2026  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinForMe to your friends list
I would guess MS64 BN with MS65 BN is certainly possible.
From your photo, it looks like it has some finning?
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2026  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn70 to your friends list
MS-65RB.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7356 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2026  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list
I like it at least ms-65 if not 66, color wise seems to have a bit of toning so that would go RB.
Do I see a few carbon spots developing? (2 obverse/3 reverse)
Pillar of the Community
United States
794 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2026  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list
The good news, I would guess MS66 RD. Now the bad news, I know little about grading Lincoln cents.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7732 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2026  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list
I'll take a stab at it by giving it a 65/66 R&B. Very pretty coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18935 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2026  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list

Quote:
Do I see a few carbon spots developing? (2 obverse/3 reverse)


i see them also

excellent strike and color. the negatives...its a TV photo so you cant trust that this is what it looks like in hand

i'll stay with MS66RB since its TV photos
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2399 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2026  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list
I sent my 18 in thinking he'd get a 64...he got a 63.
I think yours looks a grade better...so I'll say 64.
I'm a little concerned with the wispy open field ticks on the obverse...but I think the overall strike and condition allowed them to overlook those.
MS-64 BN
Beautiful toning.
smat
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196411 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2026  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list
MS-65 RB.


Quote:
the negatives...its a TV photo so you cant trust that this is what it looks like in hand
Topic title says raw. I am pretty sure SRS does his own photos.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20053 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2026  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list
A few things going on in the fields and some carbon spots.

MS-64
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2026  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrhakfbacon to your friends list
Looks very nice but the scratches and spots hold it to an MS65RB
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2026  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JennyCents to your friends list
Hard to get a read on the fields but solid MS64 - could go MS65
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18935 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 59M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list

Quote:
Topic title says raw. I am pretty sure SRS does his own photos.


i was wondering what SB Coins was. thanks jbuck. I used TV for a glamour shot, which this looked like...my bad

after a second look I will drop my grade to MS65RB. I cant see enough issues to go 64
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196411 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 58M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
i was wondering what SB Coins was. thanks jbuck.
My pleasure.
Page 2 of 2   Replies: 16 / Views: 478Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums