Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Please Help Identify This Coin From Milan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 3 / Views: 129Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Jadey's Avatar
United States
905 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
1.9 g
21 mm
Silver

I thought I was in the right territory with this Francis I 1 Trillina https://en.numista.com/163212, but not a match, and I can't find anything on Numista that matches.

Please-Help-Identify-This-Coin-From-Milan

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Moderator
Learn More...
Spence's Avatar
United States
34558 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought I was in the right territory


I agree--maybe jsut half a century or so too early. Rather this seems to be a Trillina from Philip II, although I note that there are a couple minor differences in the inscriptions. Here are links to some other examples to help you compare against your own:

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=11796902
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=4507287
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=4507289
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=2945280
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Jadey's Avatar
United States
905 Posts
 Posted Today  4H 31M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Spence
Thanks for those links, that did the trick. I found the listing on numista and it appears to be a match. https://en.numista.com/135643
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195964 Posts
  Replies: 3 / Views: 129Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Forums