Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Canadian Coin Values

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 21 / Views: 2,449Next Topic
Page: of 2
New Member
United States
5 Posts
 Posted Today  4H 48M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dr350jja to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, you make a lot of very good points. If the trend seems to be less interest in coin collecting in the near future, maybe I should just sell everything I have, to avoid a very depressed future market?!? Never thought in my lifetime that it would come to that!
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196342 Posts
New Member
Canada
30 Posts
 Posted Today  4H 32M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjd1402 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DR, I wouldn't necessarily recommend you sell everything. Keep the stuff that inspires you the most and gives you enjoyment at viewing them now and then. I will probably never sell my entire collection and will most certainly keep the best type example of each denomination I have, and perhaps some die pair sets discovered.
New Member
United States
5 Posts
 Posted Today  4H 32M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dr350jja to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, thanks. I'm here, hoping to learn more about the hobby. I've always been fascinated with coin collecting. I love how coins tell a story and are so rich in our history.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
844 Posts
 Posted Today  3H 37M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I surprised that nobody mentions "TRENDS" from Canadian Coin News. I get it every 2 weeks and a denomination section is updated each issue. Also get the early provincial, early gold, mint stuff and gold nclt, modern, and proof sections over several issues.
Pillar of the Community
1960NYGiants's Avatar
United States
689 Posts
 Posted Today  11M ago  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Charlton Vol #1 is for Business strikes, Maritimes issues, and specific variety guide that changes every year. Vol #2 is for NCLT, sets (mint, proof, specimen, and special), bullion issues and other issues not intended for day to day commerce transactions. Values are in Canadian $'s and are generally a year behind the market.

There is also the Haxby/Willey catalogue which covers just about all issues. Not sure if values are CAD or USD.

Coins and Canada site also has a price guide. Not sure how often it gets updated.

Canadian Coin News Trends section comes out every 2 weeks. It updates different denominations every issue and adds sections on modern business strikes, proof-likes, government paper by type, and RCM mint products quarterly.

Which one is right for you is up to you. I subscribe to CCN and purchase Charltons every release because Canadian coins are all I collect, buy or sell.

Have fun.
LM of RCNA
Member of CATC
  Replies: 21 / Views: 2,449Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums