Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Well I Finally Managed To Complete My US Mint Souvenir Sets For Both Philly And Denver

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 25 / Views: 451Next Topic
Page: of 2
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107910 Posts
New Member
United States
40 Posts
 Posted Today  4H 31M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pre_Coder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a seller that looked like he was dumping his collection, and each set that I needed cost me on average about $160.00 and had every one I needed, so I bought them all

AWESOME! Congratulations!
I'm looking forward to seeing the images.

Me being the resident dummy, what is a Souvenir Set?
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196411 Posts
 Posted Today  3H 38M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Me being the resident dummy, what is a Souvenir Set?
Sets sold at the Mint gift shop. They have the coins minted in the location of the shop, so Denver or Philly.
New Member
United States
40 Posts
 Posted Today  2H 51M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pre_Coder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
NumisRob's Avatar
United Kingdom
18932 Posts
 Posted Today  2H 7M ago  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great sets, Dearborn and congratulations on your achievement!
The only USA Souvenir Set I have is a 1977 Philadelphia one that I picked up several years ago in a British dealer's junk bin - I think it cost me one pound!
Pillar of the Community
oriole's Avatar
Canada
5296 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 44M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a question from Canada: How do these sets differ from the regular mint sets? I've seen plenty of the regular ones.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196411 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 33M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How do these sets differ from the regular mint sets? I've seen plenty of the regular ones.
Souvenir coins come from the regular production line at just one mint.

The full uncirculated mint sets have coins from both mints. They are made on different presses that run at a lower speed and higher pressure. They also get better handling.
Pillar of the Community
oriole's Avatar
Canada
5296 Posts
 Posted Today  40M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. That's useful to know if I ever see one being sold for very little.
Pillar of the Community
mcshilling's Avatar
Canada
9903 Posts
 Posted Today  26M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What did you do win a lottery , these sets and all the world coins plus the US ones . Congrats on ALL you purchases.
Pillar of the Community
nfine's Avatar
United States
3513 Posts
 Posted Today  7M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think that there is still a 1981 set for the dollars I need to get


Yes sir, there is a 1981 SBA 3 coin souvenir set. (The 1999 P/D coins were included in the uncirculated mint set.)
  Replies: 25 / Views: 451Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Forums