Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,770Next Topic
Page: of 1872
Pillar of the Community
CoinCbass's Avatar
United States
1217 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2014  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice - you found about 10 bucks worth of silver walking into the bank. good work.
Valued Member
perotti31's Avatar
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2014  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perotti31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, went to get my fisrt box from the bank this week and all the had on hand was $260 so I bought them all. No luck on any silvers. May be next week. I do get lucky at work and have been finding 5-6 90% quarters and 8-10 90% dimes a month just checking the boxes we get there.
Valued Member
DCM Coins's Avatar
United States
446 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2014  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DCM Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finished searching my very first box of half dollars.

Result: skunked.

There were some NIFCs:

2006P: 1
2007P: 7
2007D: 4
2008P: 1
2009D: 1
2010D: 2

Also, one half had a hole drilled in it. Lots of 2001Ds in this box; 96 of them. The most, as I expected, were 1971D with 121.
Valued Member
Littlebirdy8's Avatar
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2014  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Littlebirdy8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Confirmed, 1976-S 40% 11.7g
Pillar of the Community
CoinCbass's Avatar
United States
1217 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2014  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice silver proof littlebirdy8

1 box yesterday and this morning - nothing worth keeping. no NIFC.
New Member
alanmx6's Avatar
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2014  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alanmx6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 boxes 1-87d and 7 NFIC

also I had a 1979 that weighed 11.9g which I found oddly over weight but I threw it back in the box anyway
Edited by alanmx6
02/09/2014 7:58 pm
Valued Member
coinsrus1000's Avatar
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2014  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have a lot of picks of halves I found in my searches if you guys want to take a peek https://www.facebook.com/glen.coin...._all,,,,also on facebook there is a group called silverbugs pretty cool https://www.facebook.com/groups/silverbugs/
Valued Member
coinsrus1000's Avatar
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2014  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New Member
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fastgc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$3.00 loose halves from teller tray
skunk
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 boxes.

A couple of NIFC and a bunch of stepped on junk.
Valued Member
tpmjr2004's Avatar
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2014  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpmjr2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally scraped together enough cash for a couple more boxes. The first box finally ended my silver skunk streak with a single 40%, a 1976-S non-proof. My skunk streak had grown to 12 boxes. The first box also contained a 1974-D DDO. The second box just had a couple of NIFC.
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2014  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It appears things are thinning out, 4 boxes today and 1, 40%er and 4 rolls on NIFC from the Mint, 03, 04, 09 and 11. Was a bit surprised to see these rolls in the box. I made the mistake of marking the rims of several boxes I have gone through in the past, and I am now seeing them again. This is the second 4 boxes I have searched through twice. I am in a small town and was afraid this would happen. I may have to go out of town and try to pickup some half dollars. When I see coins that I have marked coins I only search for the silver and not the others. Happy Hunting and remember to "LOVE THE HUNT"! Another 4 boxes should be here tomorrow.


JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
02/11/2014 6:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2014  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DCM Coins
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2014  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 boxes today.

2 40%ers, a 1974D DDO, and a couple of NIFC.
Valued Member
Colles's Avatar
United States
216 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2014  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Colles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 boxes today, zilch.

On better news, the bank that had 2k for me asked if I wanted to re-order. Of course I said yes. Her response, "okay i'll have them for you Thursday".

With wide eyes I asked if she meant this or next Thursday. She said this, " it'll be this Thursday coming up". I think I found my ultimate bank.

4k this Thursday.
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,770Next Topic
Page: of 1872

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Forums