Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,473Next Topic
Page: of 1872
Moderator
Learn More...
Fuzzy317's Avatar
United States
14463 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2014  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Let us know how many $ you ended up with 48lbs worth raw.


I already said, 1940 coins
Valued Member
JoshHellcat's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2014  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshHellcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second to last roll at the end of a 3 box skunk streak. Hellllo perty lady!

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Moderator
Learn More...
Fuzzy317's Avatar
United States
14463 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2014  02:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pretty lady
Valued Member
coinsrus1000's Avatar
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2014  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Second to last roll at the end of a 3 box skunk streak. Hellllo perty lady!


wow a brinks roll with silver ,,it can happen thats a beauty congrats
Valued Member
JoshHellcat's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2014  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshHellcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every box I've ever found around here is Brinks. I pull silver all the time. I think I've only had a few boxes that DIDNT have silver in them. It all depends on location I suppose.
Valued Member
coinsrus1000's Avatar
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2014  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Every box I've ever found around here is Brinks


I guess by me there is a lot of crh hunters and especially dumps.
Last 2 brinks boxes each had one short roll, so lost a dollar there then skunked no silver..

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds



JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

at least I scored a proof that I needed, two misaligned one rainbow....
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2014  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 boxes yesterday.

2 40%ers, a 1987, a bb gunned, a Abe Lincoln counterstamped, and a few NIFC.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2014  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quote:
Let us know how many $ you ended up with 48lbs worth raw.


I already said, 1940 coins


OIC says the blind man
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2014  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finely made it back from Phoenix last night. Searched 6 boxes while I was there and $250 in CWR's Pulled 1-65 1-83S and my first stamped coin. Contribute to Columbia Shuttle Mission. The best part of the trip was getting a new Grandson out of it. I will place a pic later this week. I was a bit surprised I didn't have better luck in a bigger city. One box I received from Wells Fargo was a Brinks box that was opened, the teller stated it came off the fed truck that way. I took it anyway and of course it was a pure waste of time. The banks I asked to order halves for me treated me like crap compared to how I am treated here. What a difference in customer services.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
1325 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2014  05:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shadz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that is the second 1980 P lincoln counterstamped kennedy I have seen. wonder if someone is doing it to only that year? glad I don't have the only one and someone else found one, cause I knew about the kennedy stamped cent, but why the reverse? I am sure it is easier with a bigger field to use
Pillar of the Community
trapper's Avatar
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2014  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trapper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 boxes last week all skunks.
I'm sure it was somebody's dump
it had coins dated 4/14 throughout
the four boxes.
Will pick up 4 more today
Hope it's better than last week
Good luck to all
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2014  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Getting back into the swing of things here at home. One of my banks had a box so I picked it up. Also went around and placed my orders for next week. Here is the pic of the of my first sticker coin I picked up in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago.


JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

"LOVE THE HUNT"!
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
05/14/2014 4:27 pm
Valued Member
coinsrus1000's Avatar
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2014  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
two boxes
first box had a ender bottom right corner
produced two 1968 40%s
second box one 1967 40%
couple of proofs

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196000 Posts
Pillar of the Community
SilverRoosevelt's Avatar
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2014  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From a teller's tray, I bought a 1968-D and a 1969-D Kennedy. That's a total of four silver coins this week; I should come out of my retirement and make this a hobby for my summer break.
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,473Next Topic
Page: of 1872

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Forums