| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,183 |
|
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
1. Was this coin issued in Germany or any country that Germany invaded during WWII?...Yes 2. Is this something a coin?...Yes 3. Does your coin weigh more than 20 grams?...No 4. Is the coin dated after 1900?...No 5. Is this coin larger than 27mm?...No 6. Was this coin issued before 1850?...No 7. Does this coin contain a precious metal?...No 8. Was this coin issued in Germany?... No 9. Is this a circulation coin?...Yes 10. Was this coin issued in Europe?...Yes 11. Is the diameter of this coin 20mm or less?...No 12. Does this coin weigh more than 5 grams?...Yes 13. Is this coin listed on Numista as copper?...No 14. Is the issuer of this coin still issuing coins?...No 15. Is this coin dated between 1850 and 1876?...No 16. Is this coin dated between 1876 and 1890?...No 17. Is this coin made of bronze?...No 18. Is this coin dated 1897 to 1900?...No 19. Is this coin dated 1891 to 1894?...No 20. Is this coin a Russian 2 kopeks dated 1895 or 1896?...No 21. Is it a 20 Para coin from the Kingdom of Serbia?...No
Ok question time is over!
Time to guess.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
It is probably not an 1896 5 pennia from Finland... So I wonder if this coin is still in the Balkans  
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
You need to focus more on when this coin was issued rather than where it was issued. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
Ok, so this coin was minted/dated in either 1895 or 1896, but issued at a later date. Makes me wonder if this coin is even on Numista in the first place 
Edited by mrwhatisit 07/26/2022 10:46 pm
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: so this coin was minted/dated in 1895 or 1896 What evidence do you have of that? Quote: Makes me wonder if this coin is even on Numista in the first place Oh, it's on Numista baby!
Edited by OzLeigh 07/26/2022 11:28 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
Quote: What evidence do you have of that? Date whittling   Not copper (Q13), not bronze (Q17), not precious metal (Q7), more likely copper nickel... But those 5 results on Numista are not countries that got invaded by Germany during WW2 unless I am missing something...
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: unless I'm missing something  I'll start picking out my coin for the next round. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts |
I think the guesses are beat with this one lol. I'll await the next round:).
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts |
I got nothing. Had my search narrowed but I got nothing that was a coin issued for circulation in Europe that is non copper or bronze that was also invaded by Germany during ww2 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts |
This guess I don't think is accurate and don't know if they were ever part of Europe but I'll take a shot and say my guess is the 1895 Jamaican half penny?.. This is a head scratcher. Even after this guess I'm just researching all over the place .. so Jamaica seems to be the only country that at during the time the coin was issued was part of Europe...or at least colonized by Europe idk the diff... As for them being invaded during WW2 by the Germans, all I can find is there was a battle close to them in the ocean and many Nazis fled to Jamaica but there was no invasion I could find... Wasn't going to join this one but now I'm really curious about what this coin is 
Edited by Wrekkdd 07/27/2022 02:26 am
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
Now,what I am thinking. There is a coin that was issued after 1849 that doesn't have a date on it, or a non gegorian date on it. That way it isn't technically dated. Only thing I could think of since the only coins I thought fit were said to be incorrect, 1900 20 Bani from Kingdom of Romania or a 1895/1896 20 Para from Kingdom of Serbia
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: My guess is the 1895 Jamaican half penny Wrekkdd that guess is incorrect. And I think you do know that Jamaica isn't and never was "part of Europe".
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
DrPeper23, you have the makings of a good player.  By the way since your previous "guess" was actually a question you've still got a guess to make. Still 18 hours remaining for anyone who hasn't guessed yet.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
 Dr.P. For the guessers who are out, we can still help the eligible guessers.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9815 Posts |
Was Germany actually Germany in that period or was it known as the German Empire..
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,183 |