| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,800,062 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6878 Posts |
My guess is a 1673 1 Crown - Charles II 3rd bust KM#435
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9836 Posts |
Jolly good. I can go to bed now, :)
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
keith's guess is also incorrect.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6878 Posts |
Better get your next coin ready Oz 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Quote: Jolly good. I can go to bed now, :) Well played. Good try keith, I think you have the coin, so I'll guess a different year. It was hard not to pick the '67, but the GM must go down. My guess is a 1672 1 Crown - Charles II 3rd bust KM#435. You guys have any idea what the coloured dots beside the percentage mean? Looks like highest is darkest. Is it just that simple?
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
loonie's guess is also incorrect.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3007 Posts |
Just a moment so I can look at the data on Numista. Just got back home to find loonie and Keith not quite guessing right...  It is probably wrong, but, I guess a Great Britain George II (4th bust) 1679 crown KM#445.1 Oops, slight typo 
Edited by mrwhatisit 11/23/2022 9:46 pm
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
mrwhatisit, the year and KM# of your guess are not for the same coin.  If you want to guess a 1679 crown, KM# are 435 (3rd bust) or 445.1 (4th bust) KM#445.2 is the 1681 Africa company issue Or did you mean 1681 KM#445.1
Edited by OzLeigh 11/23/2022 7:53 pm
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
 If we are all using Numista how about we use N# rather than KM#
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3007 Posts |
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: I Guess a Great Britain George II (4th bust) 1679 crown KM #445.1 We have a winner  (although it's actually a Charles II English coin)  
Edited by OzLeigh 11/23/2022 10:22 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6878 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Thought you might have had us Oz. Good guess mrwhatisit.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9836 Posts |
I thought it was strange that it might be a gold coin, but my search on Numista last night was only showing gold coins. I had all the correct details entered. Put the same info in today and I get silver and gold. :(
Well done Mrwhatisit and nice coin Oz.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6878 Posts |
trig, I saw that gold question you asked yesterday. Then you went right back to gold. I knew something was wrong.
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,800,062 |