Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2026 United States Mint Proof Set Available On October 6

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 1,524Next Topic
Page: of 4
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
108114 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 59M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Ok guys, talk me in to buying this.

Seeing you stated "guys" I'm out -

This is why I always say "Folks" not guys or gals...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted Today  56M ago  Show Profile   Check Gilly's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is why I always say "Folks" not guys or gals

I guess we're all a product of our raising.
I never thought about it much, but I remember my dad specifically getting frustrated with us kids (there were 8 of us, I was #7, the oldest sister was married and had a kid before I was born, for the most part I grew up with the 5 youngest in the house, 2 girls, 3 boys), and Dad referred to us as a group as "you guys", as in "geez you guys, you better start behaving or I'm pulling over!", and our grandma (his mother) welcoming us "how are you guys doing?", so I guess it gets passed down.
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
108114 Posts
 Posted Today  45M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok let me clarify a bit here - I say "Folks" here on the forums to be polite and not to be discriminatory to anyone.
In real life I'll use Guys to address a group of people
and if there are any objections, it can get addressed immediately
  Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 1,524Next Topic
Page: of 4

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums