Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

DmanofLV's Last 20 Posts

1922-D Lincoln Cent Error
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/27/2022  02:39 am
The most accurate comment so far is from OZZY. Some collectors know better than others and it is good to learn that we don't know everything about coins. We should always do our best to learn more.

The THICK rim 22D could be a blank meant for a coin 1mm larger or something. When it was up-set, the extra material was pushed INWARDS. On the few I've run across the strike is never even. Roughly 30 of a given side is weak.

Credits are given to OZZY. Good Job!
Forum: US Modern Variety and Error Coins

DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/27/2022  02:22 am
Which coin do you guess to be rimmed. fake or not the same diameter? I like to hear about this one.

DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/27/2022  02:19 am
Phillip Rimer has spoken! Look at the rims and all measurements photos provided.

DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/27/2022  02:17 am
Coin Edges. Will be wonderful to find any expert or professional that can see any difference. All are the same exact width and diameter and all are 1922-D Lincolns.

ND Lincoln Cent Double Struck Off Center Saddle Struck Too
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/21/2022  02:38 am
Sorry to say but the value of the coin does not substantiate your paying $30 or more to encapsulate it into a .50 cent plastic holder which does not have any value. A coin worth over a couple hundred dollars or more is usually worth it but don't expect to recover your grading service fees.

DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/21/2022  02:06 am
Hello all fellow collectors. Are we having fun yet? I haven't had so much with a coin for many years. Keep an open mind about this. I am very well educated in coin collecting for over 50 years but it is good to have the opinions of others that might help me to learn better. Let us see how this goes.

DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/21/2022  01:49 am
Photo of the edge is provided as requested. Does not indicate any alteration or funny business.

DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/21/2022  01:28 am
The coin is genuine. The weight, width, diameter and thickness is consistent with other 1922-D Lincolns of the period. An encapsulated coin would have rim damage and this example does not.

I am waiting for the experts to give me their feedback.

DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/21/2022  01:26 am
The coin is genuine. The weight, width, diameter and thickness is consistent with other 1922-D Lincolns of the period. An encapsulated coin would have rim damage and this example does not.

I am waiting for the experts to give me their feedback.

I Found This I Guess Nevada Medallion Can Anyone Tell Me What It Is
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  03:27 am
Not worth much to collectors unless they were a student of the Vocational Industrial Clubs of America in the State of Nevada in 1992. Hope that will help you.
Forum: Identification: Unidentified Coins, Medals, and Tokens

Is This An Error 1982 Quarter? Thank You
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  03:20 am
The coin is actually a washing machine coin. It was put through the washing machine slot so many times it soon became a dryer coin. Wash first, dry second. There you go. The rim is, however, a little bit off center but due to the condition of the coin, most collectors do not have any desire for a heavily circulated coin.

1963-D Lincoln Cent Would Like Help To Grade. I Have 8 To Decide From.
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  03:11 am
Collectors can guess but nobody has the same opinion on grading coins even with professional third party grading services. Likely a 65-66 Red but not worth paying for grading services to find out. Put it back into its holder and keep it.
Forum: US Modern Coin Grading

1838 Capped Bust Half
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  03:05 am
Nice coin but appears to have been cleaned. Still AU but the cleaning will affect the value.
Forum: US Classic and Colonial Coin Grading

2022 Dime My Change Today Is This Die Crack? Or Die Chip
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  03:02 am
Looks like your dime turned to gold. A die crack will not be incuse.

1942 S Lincoln Wheat Cent Mint Error - The "Shark" Cud Cu-1c-1942 S-01
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  02:55 am
Many collectors collect cuds. Put it up for auction is your best bet unless you want to keep it.

Help Grading 1942-P Jefferson Nickel
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  02:52 am
The steps on Monticello appear nonexistent. Take a better photo and see if you can show Full Steps - FS
Forum: US Modern Coin Grading

Found This In A Bank Roll 1987 P Dime Missing Clad Layer Or Wrong Planchette? Any Info?
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  02:47 am
So sorry to say but it Appears the roll was exposed to moisture for quite some time and oxidized the coins. Close up does not show any detail over fine condition.

1906 Edward VII Shilling Grade
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  02:43 am
I must agree with others regarding grading. If the coin is worth less than $50 keep it in the case and take well care of it. Don't clean or mess with it. Grading services are usually $20. to $30. so it is better to sell it at auction which will net you more money.
Forum: World Coin Grading

1951 S Booker T Washington Half Grade?
DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  02:36 am
Coin has not been altered, The luster is original without any cleaning or tampering. Nice coin. Put it back in the holder and do not touch it or put fingerprints.
Forum: US Commemoratives and Non-Circulating Coinage (NCLT) Including Grading, Varieties, and Errors

DmanofLV
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2022  02:24 am
I checked out encased coins and this coin is far from being in that classification. Encased coins are damaged when put inside a bezel to fit them.

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: