Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

twoods's Last 20 Posts

Boxing Day Sales Online
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/26/2022  4:27 pm
Happy holidays everyone.anyone know of any coin dealers having Boxing Day sales on their websites?
Forum: Canadian Coins and Colonial Tokens

The Price Of Poker Has Gone Up Recently
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/24/2022  12:30 am
Good topic and I love your observations.prices have definitely increased.from what I can see a number of collectors returned to the hobby during the pandemic. many people were stuck at home and had extra cash on hand due to lack of consumer spending (most of us weren't spending much on restaurants, gasoline, travel, and entertainment during that time).I suspect also that a number of new collectors entered the hobby (people with more free time on their hands during the pandemic who discovered online coin auctions while trapped at home).as we have begun the climb back to normalcy out of the pandemic it seems that a lot of people are still very actively participating in the coin market.my hope is that this continues and the new collectors in the marketplace have discovered what a wonderful hobby we are all part of.
As a side note, the renewed interest in coin collecting and online coin auctions seems to mirror what happened with online investing during the same time period.

Question On Specimen Grading Versus Prooflike Grading
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/06/2022  4:37 pm
Hi DBM.thank you for the reply, this is a good idea.I will start by comparing 67 PL and SP coins.much appreciated.
Forum: Canadian Coin Grading

Storage Of Coins In Safes
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/06/2022  2:03 pm
Hello,

Looking for additional storage for coins aside from my safety deposit boxes.the idea of a safe, or gun safe came up, but I was told by a dealer that this may not be good, indicating that things can go moldy inside a safe.has anyone else heard this? I would be interested in hearing some thoughts on using safes to store coins.thank you
Forum: Main Coin Forum

Question On Specimen Grading Versus Prooflike Grading
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/06/2022  1:13 pm
Hello.

Trying to understand the differences between specimen versus prooflike for the 1965 Canadian coins.when I look at each they look pretty similar to me, so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.thank you.

Valuation Help Specimen Coin
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/08/2022  03:30 am

Thank you for all the replies and info.

It's not a coin that I own, it's currently listed on EBay as a 1948 SP-66 5 Cents.

The guide prices currently listed seem a bit too low, however, the listing price of approximately $1,000 Canadian seems on the high side.

Anyone care to have a look at the listing and share thought whether it makes the grade and guesstimates of value I'd be much appreciative.

Valuation Help Specimen Coin
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/04/2022  10:20 pm
Hello everyone.

Looking for some help in determining current market value of a Canadian Five Cent piece 1948 graded by ICCS in SP-66.it seems that these specimen coins have gone up in value over the past few years and the online resources that I have checked are listing prices on the low side.

Thank you to anyone who can provide some guidance.

Interesting Auction Lot
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/01/2022  4:07 pm
Follow up - the roll sold for $6,600 including auction fees last evening.

Interesting Auction Lot
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/30/2022  12:41 am

Just noticed an interesting auction lot.in the Geoffrey Bell auction tomorrow night Sept 30th lot #245 is an original roll of 1935 Canada Silver Dollars grading between MS64+ and MS66.some nice coins worth taking a look at.

I am surprised that original rolls this old are still surfacing and would be interested in hearing thoughts regarding the rarity of original rolls such as this one.

Survival Rates Of Coins
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 05/05/2022  11:36 pm

Has anyone ever published information on the estimated survival rates of Canadian coins? Any thoughts would be appreciated.Using an example of the 1945 Canadian Silver Dollar, where the approximate mintage was 38,000, how many are left.20,000, 5,000, 2,000? I am curious as to collector's opinions.

Silver Dollar Advice
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/03/2022  12:33 am

Steer clear of problem coins, there are plenty of good coins out there and there are plenty of reputable dealers who deserve and will earn your business.

2021 Bluenose Dime Canada
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/03/2022  12:25 am

Hello Everyone,

I noticed a 2021 Canadian Bluenose business strike dime listed yesterday for a pretty high price, was this coin limited in production? Does anyone know what the mintage figure is?

Thank you

1965 Canadian Silver Dime, First Silver Find.
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 05/29/2021  7:34 pm

Nice find...always a thrill to find a silver coin in circulation! Your current value is $1.87 for this coin with silver currently at $33.56 per ounce in Canadian Dollars...my last Silver find was a 1953 dime at McDonalds...

Specimen Coins Of Canada
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/06/2021  02:20 am

Does anyone know where I can find some Canadian specimen coins for sale (1950s and earlier)? I've checked the usual listings on eBay, but would like to know of any dealers that may have some for sale..

Thank you

Boxing Day Sales Online
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/02/2021  7:10 pm
Thanks Smallcentguy...I picked up some nice coins today on their website...if anyone knows of any other sales, in particular on specimen coins, please let me know...thank you!

Boxing Day Sales Online
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/27/2020  12:18 pm

Hello and Happy Holidays everyone,

Does anyone know of any dealers having any Boxing week sales or auctions online?

Thanks

Grading Of 10 Cents 1937 And Up
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/25/2020  01:50 am
Correction to above post. Darn autocorrect!

My question is whether the rope details affect the grade a that third party grader would assign to the coin.
Thank you.

Grading Of 10 Cents 1937 And Up
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/22/2020  12:11 pm

Hello,

I have a grading question and figured this was the place to come. I collect dimes and have noticed that collectors sometimes refer to "full rope details" when talking about dimes 1937 and up. I assume this refers to the ropes on the schooner on the reverse of the coin. My question is whether the top details affect the grade that a third party grader would assign to the coin. Thank you.

Hard Holder Coming To ICCS?
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/22/2020  12:01 pm
Good news about the population report...the last hard copy is likely getting pretty outdated...I like the improvements we are seeing at ICCS

Completed Sale Of 1965 50 Cent Piece Canada In ICCS MS-66 On Ebay
twoods
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/13/2020  10:12 pm
Today there was a completed sale of a ICCS MS-66 1965 Canada 50 cent piece for $164 on EBay. I am curious of opinions as to whether this coin was a bargain.
I don't know how to post a EBay auction link, but the coin can be seen in the completed listings from October 13th.
Anyone who can assist by posting the link, this would be much appreciated.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: