Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

HappyMedium's Last 20 Posts

2017 P Roosevelt Dime Question Lamination Error Vs Human
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/17/2022  10:05 pm

Copy to Clipboard
12/17/2022
Click to see a Larger Image!

Copy to Clipboard

I know it's hard to see so I'll let you know right now that there are no die breaks or die cracks on the Obverse. I really thought I would see one or the other or both. There are a few large Die Chips. Sorry, I don't know what it's called when it appears to look like it's pulling away from the edge of the coin on the obverse.

The reverse does have die cracks (filled, making sure I'm using the correct terminology) . It definitely looks like a mix of alloys on the planchet to me, but that's why I'm here. &
Forum: US Modern Variety and Error Coins

I Found This Today In Coin Roll Hunting. (2020 Cent)
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/17/2022  6:00 pm
Thanks again I had a hard time looking back and finding my post but I'm almost afraid to get rid of anything because I watch these YouTubes saying not damage valuable error! I go back and go well wasn't mine just like that? And question I threw away $$$&

New To Banknotes Can't Tell The Difference Between One Line And The Line Worth Money
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/22/2022  10:24 pm

I'm not sure how well you're going to be able to see this but my question is about these lines that go through some of these dollars no matter it being $2,5,10,20s. It's not something that somebody crumbled up into their pocket and that's how they appeared you can see that it happened during the process you can actually feel kind of like you would with a coin, where you would have a die break. I've seen somebody talk about these on YouTube that young crazy kid that talks really fast with blonde hair but problem was he talked really fast and I couldn't catch what he said they were called and how much money they're worth. Do they have to go all the way across to be worth something? Thank you very much for your time.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Forum: US Paper Money and Banknotes

How Do You Handle Ebay Buyers With No Prior History?
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 06/29/2022  6:30 pm
At first I thought that it might be real. I got really excited!I know what I know from sites like this, YouTube guys, but mostly Blue Ridge Silverhound. I thought I totally missed something but was willing to keep my end of the bargain. I insist on payment prior to shipment. Back and forth back and forth. They contacted me privately wanting my PayPal to pay me. While that sounds great and all. It's against eBay rules, and I'm just a real honest person. & 🤷 #8205;#9792;#65039;
So both the penny and the quarter will be going back up. Thank you guys.
Forum: eCommerce | eBay, eCrater, Heritage, Paypal, etc.

HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 06/29/2022  6:22 pm
Thanks to all. Strange because I got a A penny straight from the mint with not nearly with as much damage. Yet still the bronzish tone missing on some raised areas leaving it that steel color. This was a 2022. Guess somebody was bored?

HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 06/23/2022  3:34 pm
Hi, I found this neat looking coin Wow looking through a couple rolls today. What I need to know is if it's legit or someone was just having fun. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. If you could take an extra close look at the tea on the reverse I'd be interested to see what you say about that. I have a '70s quarter where Washington looks like he just has tiny scratches all over him but it is very smooth.

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

How Do You Handle Ebay Buyers With No Prior History?
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 06/23/2022  2:43 pm
I have a few coins on eBay. I received two offers for two separate coins from the same buyer. However this buyer just opened an account today. Is there some sort of scam going on or do they Have to pay?
If they pay and then call eBay saying it's not what they ordered, then what? I take very good pictures and include a picture of the coin in the coin flip. I guess I'm having a hard time because this person offered double of my starting bid on both coins. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you
Heather
Forum: eCommerce | eBay, eCrater, Heritage, Paypal, etc.

2021 P Crossing The Delaware Quarter - I Guess This Is MD?
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/21/2022  2:50 pm
Curious, is the edge,side of the coin equal all the way around the coin?

1972 D LMC Help To Identify
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/13/2020  11:21 pm
Thank you!

HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/13/2020  7:27 pm
I hope these pictures are better.
Am I still seeing things? If it is not a DDO is that at least an RPM?
Or is this all die deterioration?

TY for your help.

HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/13/2020  3:51 pm
It looked like a double die obverse.

Maybe better pictures will help?
Or are you definitely sure I should put the coins away until I get my new glasses. Lol

HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/13/2020  06:31 am
I know this isn't the prettiest of coins but it is an error coin. Right?

Honestly, I Do NEED New Glasses so this is even more challenging than normal.
Wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me which error it is from Wexler's.
Is this coin worth anything other than .02cents?

Ty

Please Help With My 1974 Washinton Quarter
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/11/2020  01:49 am
You weighed, weighed,and weighed again?

Is it possible it could have gotten a second
Clad layer? I think that would add the appropriate weight.

I'm not very experienced so you should probably wait for somebody else's opinion before you get too excited that you might have something.

2009 P Lincoln Cent "Fy" Help
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/13/2020  6:16 pm
That index finger looks like it's been busted multiple times and not properly set! Speaking as a nurse. However, I have one just like that, or extremely similar. Can't wait to hear what the big dogs say about it.

2000-D Or 2006-D Lincoln Cent Is This A Big Error? I Never Seen This Before
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/13/2020  6:03 pm
I'm thinking that's a bottle cap. I don't remember if that's the correct terminology or just coin slang. The obverse side looks like it's missing a lot of the clad layer. I have no idea what it would be worth if,that is indeed what it is. I'm sure the more experienced will be posting shortly.
I do know if that's a dryer coin, it must have been living in there for quite a long time!

A Better 1958 Lincoln Wheat Penny
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/04/2020  12:30 pm
Can anyone tell me what that Mark is to the left of the E in cent. Also those dash like marks under Cents.
I have a few Wheaties with those raised dash like marks.
Are they just Filled Die scratches?
Thanks
Forum: US Modern Coin Grading

What Are Your Numismatic Goals For 2020?
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/04/2020  12:06 pm
I would love to find the time to go through all these coins I'm hoarding. I started this for 2 reasons. Two years ago on Christmas I saw an article that your coins maybe worth more than face dollar. Also kids and I had a subscription from my GM to get coins in little cellophane wrappers from Littlton (? Whatever its called) of the first 50 State quarters. They were all uncirculated and said to be atleast MS60; unfortunately most of them were stolen. I started collecting them holding on to the prettiest coins. Then I heard the words Error and Variety. Along with worth $?, instantly addicted!
It got to the point where I wouldn't get rid of any coin because what if that's not PMD & it's some strange error that I haven't seen a post or YouTube video on yet. I have some coins that bewilder me. No one in the house understood/stands my fascination as I had not sold anything. Therefore I was/am just Hoarding.

Goal 1 is to put pictures on my computer then try to upload. It just won't work from my phone.
Goal 2 is to properly identify each error & hopefully make money.

Forum: Main Coin Forum

1994 D With Possible DDO & DDR
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/03/2020  11:07 pm
I always try to remember MD looks like a step up & true doubling you can see a size difference if you compare it to another coin same denomination,date,MM. Paraphrasing from what someone else on this site said. Usually true doubling you can see side to side. That doesn't go for all, but if I only suspect doubling on the top, I take a closer look. If I see Doubling or suspected doubling on BOTH sides, I would try to prove how it can't be machine doubling on one side or the other. Then look up the coin & try to look for Mint Markers. I've spent more time on some coins than I care to admit. Now I generally skip the trying to prove it is or isn't MD. Usually just go right to Wexlers DD's or Brian's variety and errors list. Sometimes it saves a lot of time, other times I'm more confused than ever! #128580; I've only been at this on & off for 2 yrs. I'm sure someone else will a much better explanation than I.
Oh, BTW if my way of thinking doesn't make sense to you seasoned collectors please feel free to correct me. #128580;

$5 Trinary Note. Need Help
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/17/2019  5:26 pm
Believe me, I would love if I could figure this picture thing out!

Got a lot of different bills and questions as well as coins and I know you can really only help so much without pictures.

As for trinary being a hyped term on eBay,
Yeah that's where I got it! I was hoping to sell it on eBay.

I can get pictures on there
Thanks guys

$5 Trinary Note. Need Help
HappyMedium
United States
26 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/13/2019  12:31 pm
I found a trinary note with
6, 9,and 8.
Although you can read it upside down it is not the same as reading it right side up. So it is not a flipper, correct? Is there any premium if you can read it upside down?

It is a very nice, crisp $5 bill I need to make money. How much do you think I could get for it off of eBay. What should I start it at? Obviously more than $5. Lol Sorry for whatever reason I can't get these pictures to download even using the image optimizer.

It does have a tiny fold on the right lower end and unfortunately a small tear that I just noticed. The whole time I thought it was a tiny fold The tear is only on the unprinted part of the bill right at the lowest end of the ribbon to the right of "Lincoln".

It also is over inked on the lower right hand 5.

MD 6 69 69 8 69 C just noticed that 69 repeats three times. I know this does not make the bill anymore special but I think it's funny read allowed "69 8 69 C". Reminds me of one of the jokes I told my kids when they we're young. Something like
"Why was 6 mad at 7?"
"Because 7 8 9" (seven ate nine) tell it to your little kids or grandkids they get a kick out of it.

.gif" class="inlineimg" alt="" title="" />.gif" class="inlineimg" alt="" title="" />
Thanks in advance for your help.

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: