Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

scott7721's Last 20 Posts

Is It Worth Getting "State Quarters" PCGS Graded?
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/26/2022  11:09 am
I recently received a clad proof 2008 Oklahoma quarter (!) in change. I'm tempted to submit it for its grade, AU-58 DCAM, and then put it on eBay as a Pop. 1 coin. (JK)
Forum: US Modern Coins

What's Your Rarest Coin By Survival Estimate?
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/21/2022  10:26 am
Probably my 1796 large cent S-87, which is only rarity 3. They come nice, and mine is nice with full devices but not a census coin.

The really rare stuff is outside my budget for the hobby.
Forum: US Classic and Colonial Coins

Low Production ASE, Congressman Wants To Know Why
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/16/2022  11:56 am

Quote:
You want lower taxes and a weaker Federal government? Me, too.

I prefer to be part of something greater than something weaker.
Forum: US Commemoratives and Non-Circulating Coinage (NCLT) Including Grading, Varieties, and Errors

2022 US Mint Product Schedule
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/24/2022  10:35 am

Quote:
Anyone in for the colorized purple heart commemorative? I'll get it, it is being pre-sold on EBAY for over $200 and only 25K mintage.

The "product limit" is 25,000, but the mintage is 400,000 across all formats.

Defer to veteran mint watchers to decipher that, and whether the other formats include the colorized version.
Forum: US Commemoratives and Non-Circulating Coinage (NCLT) Including Grading, Varieties, and Errors

American Eagle Proof Enrollments Open
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/23/2022  1:14 pm

Quote:
Well, these particular ASEs aren't bullion, though some don't see it that way and no amount of arguing will convince them otherwise, even though market prices show that these have value far above bullion. If you deem these bullion, that is your prerogative.

No disrespect intended to those who enjoy collecting NCLT, exonumia or innovation dollars.

American Eagle Proof Enrollments Open
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/23/2022  11:45 am
I don't collect what I don't understand, and I don't understand the desire for bullion coins sold at a significant premium over spot, with no mintage limit.

2021 Morgans Defects/Damage Found
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/01/2021  10:23 am
All of mine looked perfect except for the S, which looked dingy and had a giant thumbprint on Liberty's cheek. Or so I thought. I wiped the plastic holder and the thumb print and cloudiness vanished, there was just something oily on the plastic.

Several coins were not seated in the holder, as others have said.

1950-S Dime On Ebay: Very Late Die State?
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/30/2021  11:24 am
No opinion on the price or the description, but the photo shows half the IGWT motto missing, and the reverse photo shows corresponding weakness in the legend.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402385895769

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Forum: US Modern Variety and Error Coins

American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/13/2021  1:15 pm
Added to bag at 12:24, figured it was just a matter of time from then. Successfully ordered at 12:55. Completely insane.

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 08/10/2021  2:03 pm
I guess I'm a unicorn, I got one of each within three minutes with no glitches at all, just using Microsoft Edge and a fast connection. The last two times were stressful, but today the order sailed through.

scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 08/03/2021  12:29 pm
Got one of each after about 12 minutes, a slight improvement from last time. Still glitchy and stress inducing with the bad gateway and the page not found messages.

scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 05/24/2021  12:26 pm
Multiple tries, after 18 minutes of bad gateway, or an error occurred, or this page is no longer available, I got an order number for an order of one of each.

Who's Buying 2020 Mint Sets?
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/30/2020  1:46 pm
I attempted to order for about 20 minutes, but finally gave up after a number of consecutive attempts. Later, I got three emails from the Mint: First, that my order was being processed; second, that the Mint could not fulfill my order; and third, that my purchase was confirmed. Great, except I never actually got to view an acceptance on my screen despite multiple attempts.

Is This What Is Called A Condition Rarity?
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/20/2020  7:15 pm
I used to see a lot of ACG slabs back in the day, and while their grading was ... interesting, they usually got the math right. This beauty on eBay can be yours for $875.

Forum: Third Party Coin Grading (TPG): PCGS, NGC, ANACS, ICG, ETC.

2020 Silver Proof Sets
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/15/2020  8:33 pm
I think this will be a low issue year. Consumers are hurting, and my local coin dealers aren't even open, so there's no way they're going to buy inventory that will just sit around.

Whether it's a low year issue for everything or just some things, who knows, but I'll buy a silver proof set just for the enjoyment factor anyway.

With one exception: What the heck is going on with the design of that Salt River Bay quarter?

2019 Native American $1 Coin & Currency Set
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 08/29/2019  1:22 pm
Recall that in my first two sets, the dollars were offset in different directions. I received my two replacement sets today:

Same direction, but offset by more than the first two.

I'm considering whether to try to drag them into the window, but this is absolutely not my job.

scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 08/08/2019  5:30 pm
No question it's a machine error, which I can certainly understand. I do not understand the conscious decision to ship display items that cannot display correctly, or (possibly) not even look at the finished product. No dealer wants to display these. I did consider using a wire through the glued side of the packaging, but decided it wasn't my job. I sent them back and am waiting for the replacements.

2019 American Liberty Design
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 08/07/2019  5:27 pm
Two sets of initials on the obverse, two sets on the reverse. Design by committee. Pass.

scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 08/02/2019  8:23 pm
I received my sets today, and both bills are off in different directions. I've tapped the packaging on edge, but they don't budge.

Also, as a coin guy, I forgot to account for the fact that I'd be looking at Mnuchin's signature. Just a bad deal all around.

Why The One Cent Is Going Nowhere Anytime Soon.
scott7721
United States
32 Posts
Old Post Posted 07/24/2019  6:13 pm
I agree we should dump the cent, but the few who cling to it are much louder than the rest of us.

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: