Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Brown12-B's Last 20 Posts

179? Draped Bust Cent
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/23/2022  07:46 am

Forum: US Classic and Colonial Variety and Error Coins

179? Draped Bust Cent
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/23/2022  12:35 am
The 1799 is a rarity all in its own. The 1799/8 is even more so. This coin however does not seem to look like the usual 1799/8 but doesn't look like just an 8 or 9 either. Could this be another variation of the 9/8? Or possibly I was wrong altogether and I'm looking at just an 8 with a bit of seeing whatever I want maybe? Not real sure on this one. Any help would be appreciated as usual.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

1888/7 Indian Head Cent
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/11/2021  09:05 am
I will do that for sure. I have a number of coins that require better equipment then what's at my disposal to take photographs. I'll get back to you guys thank you

1888/7 Indian Head Cent
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/11/2021  09:02 am
I apologize for my grammar. It looks like proofreading is going being necessary for future replies

1888/7 Indian Head Cent
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/11/2021  09:00 am
I apologize for not having better pictures. I just bout this coin a few day ago though and know better than to clean them. If you look at my second pic though at the last eight on the top right you may notice the mostly horizontal line going across it. That's the top of the seven. The coin is pretty bad though I will admit

1887 Indian Head Cent To Ship Or Not To Ship?
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/11/2021  08:16 am
Did that really just happen? #128533;.gif" class="inlineimg" alt="" title="" />& &.gif" class="inlineimg" alt="" title="" />.gif" class="inlineimg" alt="" title="" />&. That was honestly one of the best threads I have ever read on the CCF. You just can't make this stuff up #128524;
Forum: US Classic and Colonial Coins

1888/7 Indian Head Cent
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/11/2021  07:55 am
I can't. That's as good as I can get it. I used my friends phone because mine is terrible. Then sent it to mine and cropped it.

1888/7 Indian Head Cent
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/11/2021  07:01 am
I bought this along with about 25 buffalo nickels, a few other coins and a 1917 DDO for ten dollars. I thought I was just getting the nickels but they tossed in a few extras and, this was one I had no idea was in the bunch. It's pretty beat up to say the least but there's only an estimated five hundred or so of them existing. I'm about 99% on this one. I've checked a couple of pics very thoroughly to be sure.

1945 S/5? War Nickel
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 08/04/2021  07:00 am
Please explain
Forum: US Modern Variety and Error Coins

1945 S/5? War Nickel
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 08/04/2021  06:51 am
There is a n odd looking marking in the middle of the Monticello on the reverse of this coin that looks like a five. I'm not assuming it was meant to look like a five but it sure looks like one. The upper portion is raised while the lower portion is subdued. It's an odd one to say the least and I've even wondered if maybe someone started etching away the beginnings of a hobo nickel but the upper portion is raised. However the coin is worn so who knows if that particular area had more meat on it so to speak at the time they started. I just don't know. It's weird lol. Thank you for any input that might help figure this one out.

.197? Over 1972 S Lincoln Cent
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/16/2021  03:57 am
There are a few possibilities but I honestly can't be positive on any of them. Can't find anything similar either. Any information would be appreciated.

2020 D Billings Quarter. Strange Color
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/20/2021  09:40 am
The two pictures of the reverse are very close to the color of both sides. When I check the rim I could see the copper layer like a normal quarter.

2020 D Billings Quarter. Strange Color
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/20/2021  08:56 am
I found this quarter in my change. It isn't a gold plated hsn quarter as you can see but it's not normal either. It's in a decent MS condition and I'm thinking about getting it graded but would like to get some insight on the color variation first and what may have caused it. The pictures aren't the greatest for showing the color but it's almost a rose gold but a bit lighter.

1966 Dime With 5 Stamped On Cheek And Weigh 2.15g A Good Find ?
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/09/2021  04:20 am
If it is authentic then yes it does

1964 D Memorial Cent-- I'm Not Too Sure What's Going On Here
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/09/2021  12:48 am
Understand your hiding behind a keyboard but being rude without directly saying anything is just childish so don't try and make up for it with your nice comment afterwards. It's facetious and very much unappreciated thank you

Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/09/2021  12:43 am
All right first thing first. You're kind of a . Just sayin. Now we got that out of the way? I'm not talking about the Big blob at the bottom genius. Although that Big blob is the same shape as Lincoln's head just turned about 20 to the right and the misshapen area to the left also has the same outline.

Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/09/2021  12:15 am
It was struck more than once. That much I'm sure of. Maybe a collar flip? I really just don't know.

Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/08/2021  11:58 pm
I understand that but how could this much damage be done to a coin without affecting it's mint luster?

Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/08/2021  11:41 pm
This coin has a lot going on so I'm not really sure where to begin other than just showing a couple pics.

1969 S RPM? Or DDO Variety And RPM? Or MD?
Brown12-B
United States
23 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/19/2020  06:15 am
Not sure what exactly I'm looking at here. Any insight and some of those professional opinions would be much appreciated.

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: