Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bust10cent's Last 20 Posts

Have TPG's Ruined Coin Collecting? This Morning I'm Thinking Yes!
Bust10cent
United States
4 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/28/2021  1:08 pm
Up until my retirement I was collecting more expensive coins over 600.00 in all slabs with very little raw buying. Most of my certified is cac. Now I have a lower monthly budget and have gravitated to primarily raw. I have several sets ongoing such as buff nickels, large cents, cwt / store cards and more. It is a refreshing change. I'm with Coinfrog - go with the flow!
Forum: Main Coin Forum

Collecting Raw Copper
Bust10cent
United States
4 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/28/2021  09:25 am
I am assembling the large cent middle board 1816 to 1839. I am a beginner focusing on pieces that are F12 to VF20. I was wondering how seasoned copper collectors view slabbed coins in light of the more strict EAC grading standards. Do they avoid slabs? I would imagine that purchasing a slab coin and cracking it out would rarely work out due the price associated with the looser grade. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!
Forum: Main Coin Forum

Coin Collecting Strategy
Bust10cent
United States
4 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/25/2021  9:18 pm
I have learned over the years is to be opportunistic. If you are working on a single collection and are being selective (which you should be), you may not make a purchase at a show at all. If working multiple collections then you can switch gears and may find something suitable for that collection. This weekend I went to the VNA show in Fredericksburg Va looking for Buffalo nickels but came home with 3 nice Civil war tokens.
Forum: US Classic and Colonial Coins

1814 Large Cent With Envelope (Ex. C. B. Wolfe)
Bust10cent
United States
4 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/25/2021  8:47 pm
Nice find. You have to wonder what collections that coin was a part of prior to Mr Wolfe acquiring it. It so cool seeing the envelope from the old school collecting method. Nice collector grade with a nice planchet. F12 is extremely conservative.
Forum: US Classic and Colonial Coins

New Member Ed From Frederick MD
Bust10cent
United States
4 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/25/2021  8:32 pm
Hello everyone - Glad to be here and looking forward to learning and sharing.
Forum: New Members - Introduce Yourself Here

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: