Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Asluckwouldhavit's Last 20 Posts

1976 D Bicentennial Quarter Tdo, Die Deterioration, Or Machine
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 09/25/2022  10:53 am
Hi there. I have a 1976 D Bicentennial Quarter that I am uncertain if I am seeing a TDO error or normal variation. Can I get your opinions please?

Forum: US Modern Variety and Error Coins

2021 Crossing The Delaware Quarter Error(S)?
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 05/19/2022  2:53 pm
Thank you so much! I had no idea what could have made those marks, but the reeded edge of another coin hitting it makes complete sense. I do appreciate all the references and plan on doing some research.

2021 Crossing The Delaware Quarter Error(S)?
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 05/18/2022  9:22 pm
Hi everyone. Well so far the past coins I had believed to have had errors were determined not to be, so my hope is that this will be my first...if not, I may need to consider getting a new hobby. Lol.

I have a 2021 Crossing The Delaware Quarter that appears to have a few errors. If you could take a look at the areas I believe to be a little suspect and let me know if there is anything to it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch

Feedback On Possible 1987 D Penny Error
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 05/07/2022  11:07 pm
Hey guys. I am still new at this stuff so I would love to get your feedback please. This 1987 D penny looks fairly normal to the naked eye but under magnification and at certain angles I see what appears to be additional letters in different directions. Am I just visually matrixing or is there more to what I am seeing? Sorry in advance for the photos but the lighting and angles were really proving to be difficult. Thanks for your help.

uploaded/Asluckwouldhavit/20220507_1987-D-Penny-Reverse.jpg[/img

2004 D Penny Mint Or Post Mint Damage?
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 05/03/2022  12:06 pm
Thank you all for your feedback and for helping me during my learning experiences.&

Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/29/2022  08:57 am
Coinfrog. Thank you for your response. I truly thought the same but I could see several areas where it look raised like maybe cud. For instance on the R of Liberty. Unfortunately, my images aren't really doing the job of showing it.

Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/29/2022  08:41 am
I'm still new at this stuff and would love to pick your brains please. I found this 2004 D Penny and originally thought it had been heavily damaged post mint but after looking closely I am leaning more towards mint damage. A few of the areas that make me think that the damage isn't post mint are that the "F" in "of", the "U" in "Unum", the "R" in "Liberty", and the "4" in "2004" and the areas just above it and on the shoulder, the "O" in God, and the mark under Trust, just to name a few. What do you think? What kind of error would you call this/these? Just trying to learn what I can . Thanks so much!

2001 P Rhode Island Quarter Unusual Color
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/27/2021  10:38 pm
Thank you. I appreciate your feedback.

2001 P Rhode Island Quarter Unusual Color
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/26/2021  10:48 pm
Hey guys. I was searching through some quarters and one stuck out like a sore thumb due to it's very unusual color. It was a 2001 P Rhode Island quarter that doesn't really have a silver tone like a standard state quarter nor does it have the golden color like a golden colored state or presidential quarter. It honestly appears closer in color/tone to a Sacagawea coin. Does anybody know anything about why this coin my have such an unusual color? Thanks in advance for your help.

1958 Wheat Penny Dual Mint Marks?
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/16/2021  9:03 pm
Bummer &. Well I was sure hoping for something on that one. I guess I will have to keep trying. Thank you guys for your feedback.

1958 Wheat Penny Dual Mint Marks?
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/16/2021  8:34 pm
Hey guys! I just found a coin that I would like to get your feedback on. I found a 1958 D penny that appears to have an S mint mark stamped sideways under the Liberty. Am I seeing things? I'm including 2 pictures of the obverse in different contrast and one of the reverse just for reference. Thanks so much!

1886-1986 United States Liberty Coin Set Half Dollar Coin Error
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2021  8:08 pm
I inherited them so I am not 100% sure but I seem to recall her having them for a very long time. It doesn't answer your question but I do know they have been in their covers for at least the past 25-30 years.
Forum: US Commemoratives and Non-Circulating Coinage (NCLT) Including Grading, Varieties, and Errors

Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2021  6:30 pm
Thank you for your response. The top of the capsule was actually removed. I just left it laying inside of it to take the picture. It is visible from all angles. Here are some close up photos that may help.

Forum: US Commemoratives and Non-Circulating Coinage (NCLT) Including Grading, Varieties, and Errors

Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2021  5:30 pm
Hey guys. There is a weird discolored dot on the half dollar coin of this set. Can anyone make anything of it? I am clueless. Thanks!

2020 P Dime Errors On Obverse And Reverse
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/18/2021  01:15 am
Thanks so much!

Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/17/2021  11:28 pm
Ok. Thank you. It is pretty difficult to tell on the picture taken by my phone so I took a few pictures of the screen on my coin microscope and though they aren't as clear, it does appear that there are mostly areas of indentation with a few areas that are raised.

Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/17/2021  10:32 pm
Thanks so much for your responses and the welcome. So do die chips cause indentations in the coin too or are they just raised in appearance?

Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/17/2021  9:55 pm
Hey there. I am new to coin collecting and found this coin the other day. Can anyone tell me what kind of error am I looking at please? It appears to have errors on both the obverse and reverse, though the obverse looks to be significantly worse. Is it worth getting graded? Thanks so much!

My Bank Is Taking Loose Change. How Much Did I Deposit? Prize To The Winner
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/14/2021  11:24 pm
I hope your bank was able to find your coins. I know that it must be frustrating for you.
Forum: Contest, Quiz, and Giveaway (ENDED)

Unusual 1999 P Georgia Quarter
Asluckwouldhavit
United States
24 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/12/2021  2:02 pm
So when you guys zoom on the pictures you aren't seeing doubling in the spots I indicated, just wear?

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: