Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fdock9's Last 20 Posts

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/24/2022  6:40 pm
Just so you guys know those coins in my previous post are all the same color, none are funky colored as they appear in the pictures. I apologize, I didn't realize that they caught a reflection of some sort. Baut as always you are all appreciated for your input. I'm struggling finding very much detailed information about the coins if anyone knows a good place to go or resource to buy I'd be interested in hearing about it, thanks.
Forum: Canadian Coins and Colonial Tokens

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/24/2022  05:12 am
I am currently just learning about Canadian coins so that being said I received an opportunity to purchase a decent amount of Canadian 50 cent pieces, 40 to be exact. The question I have for you is this, would you have purchased this lot for a solid $7US/per coin, or did I waste my money?

The second page is all 1900

Question About An Uni-Safe Album #141 Canadian Large Cent Collection
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/28/2022  3:03 pm
You guys are awesome I asked and my friend said his son had organized them for him back a few years ago, when he thought he'd sell them. But then life happened and they got forgotten again. So you are most definitely right they had been tinkered with since I thought. So after careful questioning I was able to find that out. I'll do my best to get you guys some pictures but I'm only allowed to work on them under his supervision so when I go back to his place monday I'll do some photography for y'all. Thanks again to everyone for the support and info. We both appreciate it immensely.

Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/27/2022  8:50 pm
The thing about my friends albums is he got them from his father in 1982, then stashed them and hasn't touched them since the 80's. He's 79 years old and just cashing out on his old stuff. There's actually quite a bit of other stuff in the coin Collection, roughly 16 different albums, mint sewn bags, us, Mexican, and Canadian coins. Mostly silver or 100-220 year old coins. It'd take 200 pages to list everything. These albums are just the third thing I've had time to work on and my lack of knowledge of coins outside of the US has hindered my research. As for what he knows he knowledgeable about grades and years but not variety or errors and had never thought about looking into it.

Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/27/2022  8:02 pm
I know for a fact there's some labeled as 1859-n9-dp #1-4 and there's one 1858 with a label but it's far too faded to read. There's others labeled but I just don't really know what a lot of them stand for.
So I should price them out individually then? Also thanks for the info I'll check it when I get some free time

Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/27/2022  7:14 pm
So a very good friend of mine has decided to come off of an extremely large coin Collection and long story short I've got no idea about Canadian currency. This area is far outside of my general coin knowledge. The Collection is complete and every coin is at least in EF condition and I'm honestly probably low balling those grades pretty badly. But I just wondered is this a valuable album or is it better to be pieced out and sold on an individual basis?

The album is uni-safe #141 1858-1920 and there's three of them.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated and we both thank you in advance.

Trying To Figure Out If This 5$ Bill Is An Error
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/15/2022  1:44 pm
Found this today and I'm normally a penny collector so I naturally don't know much about bank notes. Any information on the type of error is appreciated (if it is an error) and whether or not it has any value more than face. Thanks in advance for the help.

Forum: US Paper Money and Banknotes

1988 P Penny DDO, Yes Or No?
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 08/04/2022  9:14 pm
Just checking to see of thos is a ddo or not. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Forum: US Modern Variety and Error Coins

1988 P Penny, Is This An FS-101?
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 06/19/2022  4:55 pm
This is the best I can do for close ups. Also have you looked at the red brown example of the 1988 fs101? I wouldn't vall it clearly defined but you're probably right as to it being damage. Definitely made me question it lol.

1988 P Penny, Is This An FS-101?
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 06/19/2022  4:25 pm
Found this penny while looking through some rolls from my bank last night and I figured id ask the expert John1 lol. So what do you guys think double ear or ddd?

1988 Penny, I Need A Hand Verifying If It's A DDR
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 06/05/2022  05:20 am
I definitely checked Wexlers, variety vista, andmost of my books. But I'm at a loss because at first it seems like machine doubling or die wear but everything on the reverse design has some sort of doubling and it was noticeable before I magnified it. But of you think it's just die wear or MD I'll take your word for it you usually know what you are talking about, thanks.

1988 Penny, I Need A Hand Verifying If It's A DDR
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 06/05/2022  02:01 am
As I said I'm looking to see if this seems like a ddr or just something else. As usual thanks in advance.

1955 P Penny Federal Reserve Roll Question
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/09/2022  7:55 pm
Well I opened it and the coins inside were starting to turn green lol. I didn't find anything good, shocker. But I'm definitely going to heed the advice and not purchase anymore. 10 of the very center coins had turned green and I'm not sure but I think I found a tiny bit of maple syrup on one coin guy that sold it to me has the handle of huggable tom on ebay incase you wondered.
Forum: US Modern Coins

Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/08/2022  12:57 am
It was in a vacuum sealed bag, which I've put it back in until I can decide what to do. But that 1955 ddo is tempting for a poor person #128517;

Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/08/2022  12:32 am
So I received an 1955 p federal reserve bank roll of pennies and I'm wondering if I should open it and take my chances something valuable is in it or should I keep it intact and maintain the value as a roll?

1970 S Large Date, Trying To Identify An Odd Feature
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/07/2022  8:30 pm
Also good catch on the eye.. believe it or not I didn't notice it until you said something

Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/07/2022  8:29 pm
The price of metal is definitely part of the coin, I've also noticed that it seems to possibly be from the rim itself and fused to the coin as a strike through. But I'm still not sure.

Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 04/07/2022  6:14 pm
I'm combing through a bunch of 1970 s rolls and I came across this kind of metal blob and I'm not sure what it is or where it came from.any help would be greatly appreciated as usual.

1965 Quarter, What Happened To It?
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/25/2022  12:28 am
I got this out of an old friends piggy bank, and I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. The Northwest of the obverse rim looks normal, but the Southeast obverse looks to have 3 to 5 rims over a warped edge surface. Some of the letters and numbers have faint doubling but it's a well circulated coin so it's hard to tell. The base of Washington's bust shows several shelf like levels of what I'm assuming is some sort of doubling.
There's similar events all ove the reverse, the rim is situated exactly the same. I thought at first it was roller damage, but I don't believe it is. But as usual I could use a couple of other opinions, thanks in advance.

199? Memorial Cent, Weak Strike Or PMD Possibility?
Fdock9
United States
44 Posts
Old Post Posted 03/23/2022  7:18 pm
Found this today and was wondering what happened to it. I've tried hard to see the date but honestly it's very hard to tell because what you can see looks like a stretched out mirror reflection that I cant catch on camera (or at least not with my cheap one I have lol). The last digit possibly is a 2,5,7,9. The coin also has a very smooth mostly scratch free surface, both sides. I'm thinking struck through grease but I'm still a novice and I needed some help. Thanks in advance.

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: