Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

DixieStacker's Last 20 Posts

Warning! Ebay Seller "Judysjar" Selling Counterfiet Key Date Morgans!
DixieStacker
United States
6 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/24/2022  11:01 pm
@spence I didn't even bother contacting seller. I immediately filed a return and it was accepted. Ebay is excellent about this. I started going through this sellers past sales and there is one for a 1893 CC Morgan. It sold for 640 bucks. The pics aren't very good but I'm fairly certain it is a fake also. There is a big blob on the U in United on the reverse.
Forum: US Classic and Colonial Coins

1878 S Morgan Dollar
DixieStacker
United States
6 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/24/2022  10:23 pm
Nice coin. I would say ms-63. Maybe it's just due to the light in the photo, but personally I'd be concerned of the darkness in the fields starting at her nose and going down. Sometimes they might call this cleaned.
Forum: US Classic and Colonial Coin Grading

Warning! Ebay Seller "Judysjar" Selling Counterfiet Key Date Morgans!
DixieStacker
United States
6 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/24/2022  10:14 pm
Hello everyone. Last week I won an Ebay auction for a 1893 Morgan dollar for 416 dollars. I found the coin in the add very appealing, and considered it to be a solid XF coin. I eagerly waited all week and received the coin today. What came out of the package was nothing like what I purchased. It was vigerously scrubbed with a wire brush to try to hide the sand casted finish. This just makes me furious. I'máprobably going to go through my whole collection soon to see if anything has slipped by. This one was easy to spot but I know the world is plagued with this stuff. I've been hesitant to purchase a Sigma. I always tell myself "man I could get a nice couple coins for 1000 bucks." Maybe it's time tho. It really stinks to think a new collector might have been duped. I'd bet my bottom dollar they've done it before and got away with it. I looked at their feedback and another buyer has accused them of selling counterfeit stamps. Anyways be careful out there folks.

Forum: US Classic and Colonial Coins

Advise On Getting 1890 CC Morgan Graded.
DixieStacker
United States
6 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/08/2022  7:05 pm
Wow, thank you so much for all the great advice and suggestions. MisterT I agree with you. I actually like the coin, I guess at this point I feel I over paid. I'm trying to get better at cherry picking, but knowledge isn't free. I really don't like buying from Ebay in the first place but there is only one coin/bullion shop in my area. The owner is a great friend of mine and is unbelievably good to me. I buy from him every week, but there's not always stuff like this available. I messaged the seller to return it. if he's offers a discount I might just keep it. thanks again guys and sorry for posting in the wrong place.
Forum: US Modern Coin Grading

1983 P Washington Quarter.
DixieStacker
United States
6 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/06/2022  12:18 am
XF in my opinion. I can't detect any luster in the photos.

Advise On Getting 1890 CC Morgan Graded.
DixieStacker
United States
6 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/05/2022  11:10 pm
This is my first post so please bare with me. I bought this Morgan from Ebay, it was advertised as choice BU. upon receiving it today I don't feel it is. I'm was considering sending it off for grading, but after seeing it I'máconsidering returning it. I'm studying very hard at improving my grading skills, but a lot of stuff still confuses me. looking at some holdered examples of this coin I feel this one might be AU55. its hard to see from my photos and the toning but it definitely has PL fields. IDK if they would give that designation with the toning. I've got 402 in the coin to my door, and I don't want to put good money behind bad. What's opinion's? advice?

Where Are You From? A Place To Introduce Yourself
DixieStacker
United States
6 Posts
Old Post Posted 10/05/2022  9:57 pm
Hello everyone. I'm from a small town in east Tennessee. I've been collecting and stacking for about 10 years, and seriously for about three. Gold and silver are my main interests. Silver dollars are probably at the top of my list.
Forum: New Members - Introduce Yourself Here

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: