Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wan's Last 20 Posts

HI Everyone! I Just Bought This Early Seated Quarter!(2 Minutes Ago) (1839)
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/01/2023  04:57 am
@eaglebub7
Hi!I opened the box and take some pictures.It seems different coins' arrows are different.Here is the picture. Thank you!I hope it is genuine.After all, plus the rating fee, it's only about $60.And I saw some coins' quar dol fonts are thicker.

Forum: US Classic and Colonial Coins

Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/31/2023  10:17 am
@eaglebub7
Maybe it's because of the shooting angle.Do you think it looks courser?

Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/31/2023  09:36 am
@burfle23
I think I will receive it tomorrow,I will open the box and take a clear picture of the edge and yeah that is Gongbo
@NumismaticsFTW
I wonder if they will make fake half dime one day...Let me check it out tomorrow.The dealer will refund if doesn't enter NGC box.
@dsking
Font is too thick or square, or the angle. This is the seller's picture. I will take a pic after receiving.

Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/29/2023  9:56 pm
& & & &

Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/29/2023  9:48 pm
@halfamind
Haha the seller also had a 1842-O(large date), and he had intended to sell the two together at a price of 588. I bargained with him for several days and he finally agreed to sell me one. He should not know such coins very well. Most of his stores are Chinese silver coins. I don't think he spent much money on this coin.Thank you! QUAR is quite different.It seems that the rating fee can't be saved.

@Coinfrog
Yes! I hope so.I think I'm going to send it to NGC to make sure that it is genuine.(It doesn't have a loop anyway hahaha).Thank you!

@keith12
Yeah I also notice that.Qutie different.I think I will send it to NGC as I receive it. I have contacted my NGC agent .Thank you!

@burfle23
It is a Chinese grading company called GONEBO.The seller promised that even if I opened the coin, it would be authentic, which ensured that I could send it to NGC. Otherwise, it would be a dream to go to Gonebo to settle claims.Thank you!

@Hondo Boguss
Thank you for the contrast picture. You are right.I think I can't avoid the rating fee.

@Oldgrouchyguy
Yeah,quite strange edge.But I have to prove it is fake so that the dealer will reimburse all my expenses.The dealer admit the results of NGC.Let me bet haha,Thank you!

@kbbpll
Most of the counterfeit coins in the world are made by some of us, including American coins. It is difficult to find seated silver coins, let alone fractional coins.(This is an authentication company that mainly authenticates Chinese coins. I don't know why the seller sent this coin to that company. Maybe it was to avoid responsibility, but he also told me that even if the authentication box was opened, it would still be genuine, which was a little strange) Thank you!

@Jimbucks
Important information, thank you!

@dsking
Do you mean the eagle is concave? Wear is bit strange.Thank you!

Although it is a bit like counterfeit coin, the seller admit the results of NGC. A great study. Thank you very much! I will tell you the grading results.

Good Afternoon! One Set Of Seated Coins And How Did I Start.
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/29/2023  01:45 am
@John1@jacrispies@dsking@Coinfrog@Slider23@apcol258
Thanks for your reading!I enjoy sharing these haha
@jacrispies Yes!My major is pharmacy, so I only need to study advanced mathematics for one semester, and there is only math exam left this semester.

Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/28/2023  11:52 pm
I will reply to you in my last post later. Thanks for your reply

Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/28/2023  11:49 pm
Seated quarter issued since 1838.So all got stars.It is my first small headed,broad shoulder(I call it) seated quarter!Bought it for 38 bucks.
Is such an early quarter little bit rare over there?
pics from the seller.

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year to Title. It's very important to have in the title. ***

Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/27/2023  11:55 pm
Oh.I'm sorry I think I have divided many paragraphs, but it shows that there are still one paragraphs

Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/27/2023  11:51 pm
Hello everyone! These are my seated coins in better condition.I picked them out.(some dirts on the H10C)

Speaking of my beginning of collecting Seated coins,I have to picture this magazine.It was my classmates that gave it me.He doesn't collect coins.But he knew I like coins.And he is a Mickey Mouse fan.He subscribed the MM magazine.
This is a day in the winter of 2015.I still remember that afternoon I went to school,he just sat behind me .As he saw me,he gave me this magazine and said:" There is a lottery in this magazine to draw coins,have a look!" (I can't imagine that a fat man who always bullies me will remember my hobby haha) Here is the picture

Anyway,it was the first time I saw seated liberty coin.And I can still remember my feelings at that moment.I was just completely attracted by the design of this coin. Specifically, I was attracted by the Seated liberty and the surrounding stars. A streamlined design is very in line with my aesthetic. My only thought at that time was to get this coin. But the above lottery process is too complicated for a primary school student who just started using smart phones. I really couldn't understand the lottery process at that time. And I didn't know how to shop online.
But I really want to get this coin. I still remember that weekend when I took a bus to the coin market, I asked shop by shop if there was such a half dollar. If not, I will ask the seller to pay attention to it and notify me immediately if there is such coin. However, there is not even one seated coin in the whole coin market. I was very disappointed and thought it must be a very precious coin, so it was difficult to find. I think I bought a lot of seated coins later, which is also a kind of retaliatory consumption.
And this is my first US coin that my deskmate gave to me.Which made me think half a dollar is a very small coin.gif" class="inlineimg" alt="" title="" />

At that time, I could not have expected to get so many seated coins now, which is a great sense of achievement.
Hope you enjoy this story#65281;

Oldest Coins Still In Circulation?
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/25/2023  06:55 am
@AllSeasons
I would love to find a large cent in circulation, whether it's US or Canadian. The size difference is definitely an obstacle, which is why I only went as far back as the Flying Eagle cent. Even though I most likely won't find a large cent in penny rolls, would it still be possible (0.000000001%) to find them in a nickel or quarter roll?

Hahaha

Barber Half Dollar Album Journey
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/25/2023  05:32 am
Congrats! Don't miss the 1892 micro O

I May Be Out Of Touch Regarding Coin Values, But These Surprised Me A Little: 1793 Wreath Cents
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/22/2023  10:55 pm
Though they are rare coins.I love them at lower price.

For example,I bought an 1861 IHC and the seller gave me an 1859 and an 1863 IHC under poor condition.#65288;I think I'm going to post them after receiving the mail#65289;. Though I get interested in Indian Head Penny these days and 1859 is of course a different type,I don't think I will pay a lot for it if under that condition.

@NumismaticsFTW
You just said the reason why I quit Chinese silver coins. What you said reminds me of the wild price speculation by Chinese coin merchants which leads to unreasonable large fluctuations in prices. That's why I don't recommend buying Chinese silver coins. The price of the PCGS price guide is also determined by this group of speculators. Too many of us buy old coins without thinking why the coin is so expensive. We pay no attention to the quantity and quality of the coin. We only know that this is an antique and should be valuable. But I believe that with the continuous improvement of education, everyone will have more of their own thinking, and the price of these Chinese silver coins will not continue to rise unhealthily.

Heavily Chopmarked 1875-CC Trade Dollar (Edit - Images Upgraded)
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/21/2023  04:25 am
At that time, there were many small banks (private) in China's coastal cities. These stamps are sometimes used to check whether it is a counterfeit coin with silver and copper, and sometimes to prove and record that this coin flows through a certain bank (small bank).
There are many such trade-dollars here, and most of them are not good and cheap. This kind of stamp is also common in Spanish Carlos silver coins, Mexico 8R, etc

Why Did Baby Boomers Collect Coins Compared To Later Generations?
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/03/2023  09:58 am
Sorry June 1st

Why Did Baby Boomers Collect Coins Compared To Later Generations?
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/03/2023  09:41 am
I can still get my June 6th childrens'day's moneny from my grandma even though I am 19.During New Year's day I will receive most of my money of the year.And about 30% of them are spent on coins.So if I buy a coin,that means I really love it and the price is fair enough.As a result.I enjoy every piece of my collection.Sometimes my father will buy me some panda silvers#65288;though I don't collect
modern coins#65289;and my mother will complain:"why do you waste money again? He already has a lot of pandas !"#65288;panda silver coin#65289;And my father will explain:"this is issued every year. It's different every year!" Then she says" waste of money,waste of money,waste of money." I collect classical coins and major in seated dimes and half dimes,I really like the design. I usually get coins from someone who's of the same age at a low price. Even though my parents still pay my college tuition and living expenses,I know the day of Independence will coming soon,I do not worry about it,because I can control my consumption.

My Indian Head Cent Exhibit At Fun - Jan 5th - Jan 8th
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/17/2022  06:48 am
Honour#65281;

Poll: Which Do You All Prefer
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/02/2022  12:28 am
DIMES!

Any Half Dime Collectors Here?
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/25/2022  08:05 am
cool#65281;an 1838 half dime no stars#65281;I used to think only 1837 no stars#65281; I got a 1838 large stars P. and I have received my 1837 seated dime from USA!

1800 Lm-5 Half Dime: A New Die Marriage
Wan
Valued Member
China
85 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/18/2022  07:23 am
legendary

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: