Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

jfeed's Last 20 Posts

1987 D One Cent With Heavy Grooves
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/05/2023  11:03 pm
Thanks Dearborn.. I just read three articles on roller lines and have added another page to my "learning book". You guys amaze me..
Forum: US Modern Variety and Error Coins

1987 D One Cent With Heavy Grooves
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/05/2023  8:10 pm
I've seen a lot of PMD ,but I'm having a hard time believing that these "grooves" were added by some nut case after the coin was put in circulation. Anyway...Thanks for your thoughts on a possible cause.

1998 One Cent Wide AM
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/03/2023  12:07 pm
Yep..unless I find one in the coins I've been going through, I most likely won't have a 1999 WAM soon. Thanks for your comments.

1998 One Cent Wide AM
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/02/2023  7:25 pm
Looks like a 1998 one cent WAM. Too bad it has circulation damage. Now I need to find the elusive 1999 so I'll have the set. Already found two 2000 coins WAM's..Thanks

2016 Cent "Ghost Image"
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/30/2023  8:45 pm
Back of my hand..Right on.

2016 Cent "Ghost Image"
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/30/2023  8:31 pm
Good call Dearborn. That's exactly what it looks like. Just like my old wrinkled hand.

2016 Cent "Ghost Image"
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/30/2023  7:32 pm
Hey Guys.. Just got through looking at one of Coop's replies to a post about Ghost Images and I remembered having this 2016 one cent coin. It took a 24 hour bath in Acetone twice and the ghost refused to go away. If it's glue, it's some mighty good stuff..Seriously...this is a weird one, but makes a great conversation piece. Thanks..Jim

1972 One Cent Possible DD .
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/30/2023  1:54 pm
Thanks Coop.. There sure are a bunch of them to go through to find just the right one. Actually, the L was the first thng I saw and that led me to checking to out.

jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/28/2023  8:55 pm
Well...I"ll be darn. There sure are a lot of them on Vista and it took some time. Another page in my "learning book" and one more 2X2 in my collection. Thanks for the help.

jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/28/2023  8:42 pm
forgot these photos

jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/28/2023  8:39 pm
I found this 1972 one cent coin in my big jar of "pennies" and after looking at the various sites suggested by CCF, it appears to be a doubled die .. Vista 003,3-0-I-CW. I'm not real sure because the coin has some circulation damage, but it sure does fit the Vista attributions.
The reverse is actually a lot nicer than the obverse in my opinion. I would appreciate your opinions. Thanks..Jim

Request Follow Up For Photos. (1995 Cent)
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/28/2023  1:33 pm
Thanks again for your comments. I'm kind of excited about finally having a doubled die and want to make sure it doesn't turn into zinc dust. Here are some photos showing that there are die chips on column 1 and 2 as well as a small die crack north of ear. Great references Coop and Spence... Slowly, but surely I'm' starting to get the hang of using the various site to either confirm or reject. my conclusions on evaluating a coin.

jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/27/2023  10:54 pm
Thanks for the link. Back to the original post about preserving post 1982 one cent coins. Any suggestions?

jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/27/2023  10:42 pm
Could not reply to request for photos, so here are photos of early stage 1995 DD.

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. It's very important to have in the title. ***

Also have a nice 1972 verified via Vista.

Post 1982 One Cent Coins
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/27/2023  9:16 pm
I have a couple of post 1982 doubled die one cent coins that I don't want to turn into zinc rot dust. Has anyone come up with a way to preserve them other than TPG encapsulating? Currently, they are in 2X2 cardboard holders. Thanks..
Forum: US Modern Coins

1955 One Cent Clip And Reeded Edge?
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/27/2023  7:56 pm
Just finding time to review the comments and post about my 1955 one cent coin. The photos from Kygu4545 and RW1010 appear to be coins from the same "batch" as mine. However, I think the reeded edging is more pronounced on my coin. The reeded edge goes partially into the clip, but not entirely. I find it very interesting that there are other coins with the same edge in the community considering some of the posted left concerning the authenticity of the coin. Once again, thanks to all who have posted comments and opinions..Jim

1968 S Cent DDD. Wish It Was Not, But !
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/01/2023  6:44 pm
Ooopppss.. Sorry about my terminology. I'm getting there..just going to take a little more time ..Thanks

1968 S Cent DDD. Wish It Was Not, But !
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/01/2023  6:16 pm
Sure is a nice 1968 s cent with DDD according to what I've seen so far on CCF. Seems that every field has doubling..In any case, I'm gonna keep it. Thanks for your input.

Happy New Year Errors Find
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/31/2022  11:01 pm
Same back at you... Hope you and your family have a great New Year.

1968 S One Cent DDD Or MD
jfeed
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/30/2022  8:16 pm
Thank you.. I kind of thought it was MD, but never did it enter my mind that it was "Just. Post mint damage".

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: