Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CharPDX214's Last 20 Posts

1964 P Mint Lincoln Memorial Cent. Possible No FG
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/02/2023  11:31 am
Ok, cool that helps clear things up. I will review the videos you have on you tube to get a better understanding on how polishing affects the dies. Thanks again for your help.
Forum: US Modern Variety and Error Coins

1964 P Mint Lincoln Memorial Cent. Possible No FG
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/02/2023  11:18 am
I received a few rolls of pennies from my bank yesterday and I found this 1964 Lincoln penny that looks to have no FG but I could be wrong and would like some professionals to weigh in on this topic. It could possibly be struck to Grease but I'm not 100% sure. Thank you for any and all input.

2000 P Mint Massachusetts State Quarter
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 02/01/2023  10:46 am
To me it is fun to search for die chips and cracks. I personally have a small collection of ones I have found since I was introduced to the coin world. Thanks to everyone for the clarification on my find.

2000 P Mint Massachusetts State Quarter
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/31/2023  10:58 pm
Found this quarter in my pocket change today. It looks like it has a couple die chips on the reverse side. The bottom of the number 8 at the top, near the top of the T in the word the, and next to the A in Bay. Just posting to see if I am identifying these properly. Thanks for any input.

2019 P Mint Roosevelt Dime Error Or PMD
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/22/2023  10:27 pm
I found this one in my pocket change and I am having a hard time determining if this is a Mint error or PMD. Thanks for any help provided.

2023 D Mint Bessie Coleman Quarter
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/22/2023  8:33 pm
This is the first 2023 I have found so far. Got it from my local supermarket.

Forum: US Modern Coins

2019 P MM Lowell Quarter. Possible "Ghost" In Bell Tower.
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/20/2023  9:21 pm
Good evening everyone, I came across this 2019 Lowell quarter that looks to have a die chip in the bell tower. I would appreciate some feed back on what I'm seeing here. I checked COC and VV and could not find any specifics on this error. Thank you for your time and knowledge.

1990 S Mint Jefferson Proof Nickel
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/08/2023  9:16 pm
I'm gonna hold on to it for now I think it's a good looking coin. I put it in a cheap plastic 2x2.

1990 S Mint Jefferson Proof Nickel
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/08/2023  5:14 pm
I found this in a roll of nickels I got from the bank yesterday. Does this happen often? It looks to be in pretty good condition for being a roll find.

1982 D Mint Washington Quarter. Die Crack On Top Of Washington's Head
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/04/2023  8:55 pm
Okay I see the definition there. It definitely does not make it anywhere near the bust. I will put this with the other die cracked quarters I find. Thanks for the clarification.

CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/04/2023  8:15 pm
So would the crack in the letters be listed or a candidate for listing? It looks as if it reaches the rim.

CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/04/2023  7:41 pm
I have posted about this quarter before, but upon further inspection and a bit more knowledge from you guys. I have found a few things that I need professional eyes on. It looks to me as if there is a crack forming on the top portion of Washington's head? I also see a small crack coming off of the letter N and through the I in the words In God We Trust. The quarter looks very worn so it was a bit rough getting pictures. Hopefully my coin microscope will be here this weekend so I can get clean close up photos.

1996 P Mint Washington Quarter Looks Like Small Die Crack.
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/04/2023  6:15 pm
I appreciate all the information you guys have provided. I'm researching as much as I can before posting. I was not aware that this was considered a spike through Washington head so thank you for providing that link. I have a couple others that I'm looking at that this link will definitely help me with. I will post at a later time. I'm hoping to be able to match it prior to asking you folks for assistance.

CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/04/2023  10:40 am
After reviewing the link provided I believe this would be the closest match to what I have found. I just can't find on mine what they show on the reverse. SKH-25c-1996P-06

CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 01/03/2023  11:01 pm
I found this small die crack while looking through some mid to late 90's quarters. I believe the crack goes through the bottom portion of Washington's bust. From what I can tell the crack stops at the engraver's initials and possibly shoots off towards the rim right above the 6. If anybody can help me figure out if I'm seeing this correctly, I would appreciate it.

1966 P Mint Lincoln Cent DDR-001 1-R-I-Cw FS-801
CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/30/2022  9:58 pm
Okay cool, thanks for the help on this one. I was comparing for an hr or two before posting.

CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/30/2022  9:54 pm

Lower left edge of memorial

CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/30/2022  9:42 pm
I don't see that the FG shows any Doubling but I am a novice in this game, so I'll leave that up to you professionals. Once again, sorry about the photos. If we all come to a consensus, that better ones are needed. Those will have to be taken tomorrow and uploaded..

CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/30/2022  9:14 pm
Unfortunately, I'm not at home right now that is why the pictures turned out how they did. I will be sure to post better pictures tomorrow. I was looking at the an& D in United and the S&T in state. Those are the two signs that made me look up the listing.

CharPDX214
United States
48 Posts
Old Post Posted 12/30/2022  8:51 pm
I think I finally found something that matches a listing in Variety Vista. I don't have the best lighting for professional photos right now but I'm to impatient to what for daylight lol. I do think the ones I posted should show you what I'm seeing. All opinions greatly appreciated.

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: