Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sunsup8206's Last 20 Posts

Lincoln Penny What Kind Of Error Is This? 1978
Sunsup8206
United States
4 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/21/2022  8:16 pm
Oddguy- thank you!. I was really just wondering if it was some type of die error. You have answered my question. Truly appreciate it. Just so perfectly aligned I thought it was really neat.

Coinfrog- seems like after all the detail I gave and stating that it was on the front only I don't think even lying on your side would make it any easier for you to see the error. Appreciate your response.

Thanks!

Forum: US Modern Variety and Error Coins

Sunsup8206
United States
4 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/21/2022  7:55 pm
And thank you again for anyone that comments. I tried searching online and could not find anything that looked like this.

Sunsup8206
United States
4 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/21/2022  7:43 pm
Sorry about that ! See pictures. The front is the only place that has the indentations. Thank you!

Sunsup8206
United States
4 Posts
Old Post Posted 11/21/2022  7:26 pm
Hi everyone, this is just a basic inquiry and I appreciate any help in advance. I am not looking to see if this is worth anything, but rather to see if anyone has seen this error before. I am not familiar with coin collecting, but I happened to be looking at the spare change on my desk and this penny had a strange circular indent. What intrigues me is the way the crescents meet in the back of his neck near the base of his head and the collar, as well as the side of his mouth and the front of his collar. Does anyone know what kind of error this is?
Thank you so much!

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: