Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Favorite Franklin

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 3,556Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
6280 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2011  10:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Franklin halves are under appreciated in my opinion, so let's see some. Feel free to post some examples of your Franklin's for the rest of us to see.

1957 pf CAM 66

Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hermanwilliams to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish I had a good camera. One of my fave coins in my collection is a halo toned franklin. Sorry I can't contribute.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6280 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one has some great toning.

1961 pf CAM 67

Pillar of the Community
United States
4010 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful 57 Proof!

Here is a 1959P MS65 grade from PCGS.

This is the only slabbed Franklin that I have.

Sorry about the Obverse being a bit blurry.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6280 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice balding hippie chuckster 125.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1562 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just started looking at the Franklin halves. Want the type I to this PF56, all the 48, 49 and 52s.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6280 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Ben's so far guys, does any one have a deeply worn Franklin? With such a short time span, and the silver withdrawal from circulation, most all of these halves I've seen are VF or better.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6280 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few more proofs for this thread.

1960 pr 67 CAM

Learn More...
United States
88611 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great photos so far!

I wish I had some photos of my Franklin half dollars to share. This is one of my favourite collections.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6280 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2011  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There must be a few more Franklin's out there.

PF 67 ultra CAM 1963

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1562 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2011  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, a few more:

Pillar of the Community
United States
6280 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2011  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pair southsav, most of my non proofs were yanked out of circulation back in the 60's and 70's and not as crisp as yours. The proofs had been my focus and here is another one.

1962 pr 66 CAM

Pillar of the Community
United States
5854 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2011  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great franklins everbody!
Lovin' all those cameos, muddler!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2129 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2011  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still in the middle of things, but I have to get this one graded. It's the best '53 I've ever seen.

I should have it graded soon.

Note: I have to point out this is not MY coin. My WIFE found it late last year on eBay for almost nothing. She bought it then asked me what I thought. I almost passed out!
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Edited by Yokozuna
11/16/2011 11:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
508 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2011  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Deltron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish my Frankies were on par with all yours. But here my best examples nonetheless.

Busted this one out of a sealed mint envelope and was disappointed to discover that discoloration near the E in America and above the eagle as well. All the coins from this proof set has some sort of discoloration on them, at least I purchased it for melt !

This one is my best one pulled from circulation. Has near full bell lines from what I can tell.

I apologize about the quality of the images, my phone doesn't take the best of shots up close.
Edited by Deltron
11/16/2011 4:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1562 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2011  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey mud, you got the 56 proof type I? Anyone have it? How about a good private photo?

I'm a late bloomer, just started back into the numis field in 2008 after a 40 year hiatus.

Yoko, that is a very clean 53 and appears to be fbl. congrats!

deltron, nothing wrong with yours, I'd be proud to have it.
Edited by southsav
11/16/2011 4:38 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 3,556Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05